Gustafsson Plastics ST+3 windscreen

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by DeeBee, Oct 22, 2016.

1. DeeBee

DeeBee New Member

Riding my vf7f while laying on a half full or better tank bag (Joe Rocket Manta XL) is a great pleasure. I can rest my chin bar on the bag and just see over the windshield. It is so comfortable that I have to be careful to stay alert and not doze on the way home from work.
    Without the tank bag however, my head sits comfortable in a position where I would be looking through the windshield. Except my windscreen is so messed up that even after fine grit sanding and plastic polish (similar to a headlight refinish) I still can't see through it at all, so I have to lift my head an extra 2-3" to see over the screen. Quite uncomfortable.

So I broke down and ordered a Gustafsson Plastics windscreen from bike screen.com it was $129. Ended up costing me around $160 with nylon mounting bolt set and shipping.
    There were several different style options available, but with no clear explanation or examples for the styles I just ordered the ST +3 screen. Through a combination of a taller bubble and a longer screen it is 3" taller than the stock screen.
    Parts are made to order within a 3 day window and they have a ton of colors and tints to choose from.

Sources I checked both which offer screens for our bikes including the old VF F series were:
    http://www.bikescreen.com where I ordered the Gustafsson screen from
    And
    http://www.twistedthrottle.com which carries a full line of MRA screens.

The Gustafsson screen I ordered is supposed to be of higher quality than factory, although they do warn not to drill out the mounting holes with a standard metal bit, as it can cause cracking. Once it arrives and I get it mounted I will add anything else I find out.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  2. DeeBee

DeeBee New Member

D@mm I am an idiot didn't realize I even started this thread pictures of this are in the "goodies from UPS " thread.

Sorry
    I got a 10% off coupon if anyone wants to order a screen.
    PM me for info