Heads Up Display company seeking funding on kickstarter

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by short it, Dec 24, 2013.

1. OOTV

OOTV Insider

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    A modified version for cars would be great. It would do away with those bigass in dash GPS screens for one thing that could be put to better use like watching Oprah or Wal*Mart ads. Rather than a helmet mount for cars, maybe holding the thing between the teeth would work. It would keep cagers off the cell phones.
    The only cagers that could possibly be unhappy about such a device might be those who drive with a 55lb dog on their laps.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I wouldn't mind just having the photo feature in a small camera and none of the rest of it. If there was a way to just get shots of what I'm looking at without having to stop, take off my gloves, site up a camera and then click, I'd be down. I have a camera that has a remote button, but it's a big red cube with fisheye lens and it's more unsightly than the nuviz.

Maybe someone already has this and I just don't know of it.

4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Sena has a side mounted comm system with an integrated camera. It is targeted at moto vloggers and cost $350. It's the Sena 10C. Probably not exactly what you're looking for but thought it might be of interest.

[​IMG]

reg71 likes this.
  5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Actually, that may be just the ticket. I'm interested in it. I'm going to see if it has remote operation and some examples of people using it.

6. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    I read a FlipBoard article on the same device a few days ago. Hmmm, an old idea spruced up with new technology. Reading twenty to thirty years ago BYTE Magazine, there was a featured article about a monocle that projected an EGA or CGA display in the mid-distant view of the operator. I thought that was the coolest device. As long as technology progresses, these old ideas will morph into useable/useful and just maybe practical applications someday.

I wonder if it will catch. That HUD helmet company folded. I thought that was a pretty good idea too.