Hello from Upstate NY

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BillyBob, Nov 17, 2017.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey! Gosh I was already a member but can't remember if I ever got 'round to doing an intro. Fairly recently retired and been restoring a bike in my basement, over the winter, every year for the past 5 or 6 years. The only other Honda I've got is an '80 CBX but it didn't really need enough work to call it a 'restore'.
    So a couple of months back, I picked up an '86 VF1000R that had been sitting in a storage unit for a while.
    30K miles. Doesn't look so bad. The hydraulics appear intact and work ok, without leaks. Has a Hindle 4-into-1 with flattened bottom pipes. Can't decide whether or not to go back to stock...
    Needs minor body work which is almost done. Seat cowl is gone. Engine case finish has some
    bad spots. In the midst of cleaning the carbs and hope to try and start the engine next week before diving in. If it runs ok (owner says it does), should be a pretty straight-forward restore. I'm hoping (=(8
    Will try to upload some restores from the past few years. Been doing mostly '86 GSXRs lately.
    Anyhow- hope things are going great!! 39 degrees here now. The season is history )8

Attached Files:

Samuel likes this.
  2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome! Good to have another experienced mechanic joining this group of grease monkeys.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

...And with an impressive line up of work!

4. BillyBob

BillyBob New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks!!

"Last thing I remember- I was running for the door...." they shoulda made a movie

OOTV likes this.