Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brad71, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Brad71

Brad71 New Member

Australia
    Hi guys new to forum.
    I am looking at getting back on a vfr after previously owning 2009 vfr and 2010 vfr 1200 i had the 1200 for 5 years a great bike had a brain fart and bought a verys 1000, thought i would be doing a lot of two up with wife until she bought her own bike and license lol. So im selling the versys, and hoping to hop back on a vfr.

I love the new 800 has all the goodies i wanted that previous model didnt.

ONE question though the reviews say they changed the ergos fron the previous 800 to more sporty the old one fitted me fine im 6"4 and am worried i might be too cramped on the new one?

Are there mods to give a bit more comfort if needed i.e risers, lower the pegs?

Thanks

Brad

2. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    :Welcome: Welcome to the zoo lad :Wave:
    There are plenty of Mod for the 6th gen for sure..!!
    Not sure about Aussi but in State you can get a new VFR for around 8k
    Good luck and ride safe mate.

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World! If you're asking about mods for the 8 Gen (2014+) I'm sure you can find a few threads on the forum about them. Although there were some changes to the bike for sure, there are a few similarities that 6 Gen mods still be viable, one being foot pegs. Good luck with your search for a new ride.

Cheers

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    For lowering foot pegs, check out Knight Designs, not compatible with 6 th gen. 8 th gen uses risers under handle bar mounts (not HeliBars), MotoPumps (member here) makes 3 sizes, half the price of OEM.

My favorite add-on is the OEM quick shifter ( came with bike, bought slightly used)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Scubalong likes this.
  5. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and congrats on your wife getting her own moto and license and you getting back to VFR!!

What does she ride?! As mentioned, there are options and I hope you find what will make the ride comfortable for you.

When you have a chance, post up some photos! Good luck in getting another moto sorted for yourself!

6. Brad71

Brad71 New Member

Australia
    Hey thanks guys. The six gen was comfortable for me i was just wondering if there was a big difference in the ergo,s between 6th-8th? But great about the mods thats great news,thanks for help.

My wife has a cbr 500 and is progressing well.

Im still in the annoying phase of selling bike, but as soon as i do ill be jumping on the 8th gen

Then the photos will come

Cheers brad