Honda looks to the future with CB4 Interceptor

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Lint, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2017/november/honda-cb4-interceptor/

[​IMG]

Honda revealed the new CB1000R and Africa Twin Adventure Sports models at a swanky press conference in Milan last night, but they're not just showcasing production bikes at this year's EICMA. Enter the CB4 Interceptor.

If you think the CB4 moniker rings a bell, you've got a better memory than me. Honda showcased two concept models at the Milan Show in 2015, one of which was the futuristic streetfighter CB4. For 2017 Honda's Rome R&D facility have taken that original concept and added some futuristic café racer flavour.

The original CB4 concept was based around Honda's CB650, but this latest concept appears to be based on the new CB1000R, so it would have a bit more bite.

Compared to the 2015 streetfighter the Interceptor gains low bars, an endurance-style half fairing, slick tyres, and an extremely sleek underseat exhaust. In terms of future tech, the front of the bike features a fan used to convert the motorcycle’s kinetic energy to power the touch-screen located on the tank. It sounds ridiculous, and we can't actually see the touchscreen on the tank, but it means the bike looks absolutely badass from the front.

Another concept Honda showcased in 2015 was an adventure scooter that is now known as the Honda X-ADV. It would be great to see the CB4 Interceptor on th road in two years time.

GatorGreg, Ridem32 and Mind_Surfer like this.
  2. Ridem32

Ridem32 New Member

United States
    Hope the CB4 makes it to the USA one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Pretty cool but not for me. Makes me worried though that Honda has permanently given up on the VFR Interceptor as we know it - at least in the USA since AFAIK the USA is the only market where they use(d) the "Interceptor" name.

4. GreginDenver

GreginDenver New Member

United States
    Map
    I wonder about this concept bike's engine, where does it come from (what developmental pathway)?

Honda currently sells a very sweet, highly developed 400cc four-cylinder engine in their CB400 Super Four.

But the engine in this "CB4 Interceptor" concept bike looks a bit different from that CB400SF engine (externally, at least). So maybe it comes from a different line of engine development at Honda, like downward from a 600cc engine?

5. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    From the article:

6. OCLandspeeder

OCLandspeeder New Member

United States
    Wow! That looks nice. I wish they would go back to putting the exhaust under the seat again.