Honda Reserved Parking

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by macscuddle, Dec 16, 2015.

1. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

This was at the foot of Raccoon Mountain outside Chattanooga TN, couple months ago I think.

Had surgery last week and can't ride, so I been working on my bike all day and now reminiscing.

That's an interesting place. TVA (utility) has a pumped storage facility at top of the mountain. Basically they pump water to the lake at the top when electricity is cheap, like at night. Then release it and generate (like a dam) during peak demand when it would cost them much more to buy electricity on open market. View attachment 34159

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Funny, wonder how that works for ya when the helicopter comes in. ;) Nice looking vfr there . Would have made for a great calendar shot, if... ;)

3. NormK

NormK New Member

macsuddle wrote,

That's an interesting place. TVA (utility) has a pumped storage facility at top of the mountain. Basically they pump water to the lake at the top when electricity is cheap, like at night. Then release it and generate (like a dam) during peak demand when it would cost them much more to buy electricity on open market.

I guess most hydro systems use this method, I know our Snowwy Mountains scheme has been doing this since it was built in the 1950s

4. macscuddle

macscuddle New Member

Probably not on the Plains ;-). Where is Snowwy Mountains?