Honda to make a new road going v4

Discussion in 'VFR in the News' started by Thumbs, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    fb801f716c9d8762b55e09011b7cf60e.jpg

Read SAE Paper SAE920677. Here is a link to it. SAE's site costs. http://www.mazdamaniac.com/tech/sae_20920677.htm

Check out http://thegarage.jalopnik.com/here-are-five-reasons-why-you-need-to-buy-a-mazda-mx-6-1688214343

Now, from the net "A USA oil company researched engine longevity using their own oil :

"After 300,950 miles the Mazda MX6-V6 passed an IM 240 Exhaust Emission Test in Aurora, Colorado, with results well within new car limits. At more than 310,000 miles, the test engine was disassembled for inspection and measurement. No wear was evident on valve stems and guides, main and rod bearings, crankshaft main and rod journals, or cylinder walls. The cylinder hone marks from original factory machining were all clearly evident. While piston skirts showed no wear, piston rings showed an average of only 0.0015" of face wear."

The V6 rivals the Lexus V8 for longevity, which is unsurprising considering the original application was a Xedos6-2.0V6, Xedos9-2.25/2.5V6 & Sentia rotary luxury lines. Many V6s & I4s have exceeded 350,000 miles, the only failures on one was a Mitsubishi alternator at over 200,000 miles and the pre-Jan-1995 rear calipers on another."

The later Boxster could not hope to achieve that. With those stupid liners, it cost $$$$ to make power.

Oh and yes, Google yourself, in 1992, Mazda did win an award from a prestigious German automotive group for the KL.

I choose cars within a certain all-around feel, bikes as well. Now, take that FWD vehicle against that Boxster in the rain. Heck, I was the only person to drive to school in the snow and ice. I was turned around. It was so fun. We Southerners just conk out and have a holiday.

Drove 12 Hours to find one, but it wasn't up to spec some months ago. I still have a fresh KLZE.

Take a look at the VRIS section, Mohawk. Yamaha does something similar in their R1, something you tried to replicate with those Yoshimura velocity stacks. Ford SHO and MX-6 heads were designed by Yamaha. Go figure. The R1 rips from reading, MotoGP standings... I love the VFR as the all arounder it is. Time to investigate some more rides!

Wow, if you all would just read my very juvenile paper, it would have stopped a lot of the tinkering on the VFR. But hey, yall have done some excellent work. I know where to start if I should. Always start with Volumetric efficiency and a tolerance study. I did. Cool guy in town let me have an engine to tear down. The local High School let me use their vocational mechanics shop. It wasn't just some paper.

But again, I'd better increase my dosage. Ksoholm almost looks like Lysholm. Ooops I'm not going there!

Oh yes, my girlfriend and I picked out a 240SX for her. Thought you guys loved twisties. These are twisties cars! On a short track, your super duper sorta Boxster won't have an advantage; nor will a Vette!

All Hail the KL!

Sorry folks, Lysholm, BadWillie, just do some reading. You all clearly have the time. Enlighten yourselves. You aren't too old to learn new tricks or learn from a youngster. As the saying goes, you can learn a lot from a dummy! I sure have!

Hey LilWillie, been looking for some of your posts on VFRDiscussion.com, as you've been mentioned here and there; for some reason, I can't find one. You must have an awful good bunch of good stuff about paint and performance that I just can not find. Dang!

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Yep, batshit crazy..

3. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    My word/noise of the weekend. Now I won't be able to see decades-old Mazdas--the few-- without thinking "pyuuuukkkk."

4. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    Effing hell, you're not joking...

5. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Yep, crazy.

Sorry Ksoholm that you were wrong on all accounts. It is okay to be that way. It is not okay to continue in ignorance.
    The MX-5 Miata was responsible for the resurgence of the roadster.
    The MX-6 was responsible for the 968. Mercedes & Porsche did award Mazda for the KL engine family & the MX-6/MX-3 for at the time the lightest rev-happy small displacement V-6 on the planet.

Now on to continue getting my 6TH Gen up to cosmetic & mechanical (moreso cosmetic) snuff, so that I can do some things to the 5TH within reason.

Take care Porsche fanboys, moving onward and upward.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

I suspect a conspiracy probably by those old Chinese guys who build Subarus and those who keep posting up fake pictures of engines that we know are just photoshopped.

https://www.google.com/search?
    q=horizontally+opposed+engines&rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS401&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiSxvry89rTAhVBTWMKHQ9lAi0Q7AkIdA&biw=1145&bih=569#spf=1

7. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I think he has out done Norca on the last word........ lol

8. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    Pyuuuukkkk.

9. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Is an RX7 or MX6 some sort of midrange Kawasaki?

10. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Kawi Wankel edition.

11. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Guess you have nothing better to do, or me at this time.

Basically I was trolled, received insults. In the end, the Boxster is a roadster in the appeal of a categorization of "driving experience". From an engineer and mathematician, it is closer to spec and performance of the MX-6 (93-97) which came some years before it. Mazda not only makes rotary engine cars, but many conventional piston engines as well; sure you all will have known that. Anyway, the driving experience is debunked, because for all the years the MX-6 campaigned the SCCA, it was the championship car, against all in its class including the Boxster. Oh yes, in racing, it runs with the 6.

The idea behind the Miata being rear wheel drive and with a front mounted engine differs from the Boxster, so the idea about it being a mid-engine design does not validate anything.

In the end, the DNA of the MX-6/626 gave way to the Boxster. The 6 was not a cheap car relatively. It is closer spec wise and mechanically to the Boxster than any Miata, period. However, it would take someone who does not follow the masses for validation and cheers but someone who designs. A redesign of the MX-6's unit body eliminating the rear trunk and seat, VOILA, Boxster. Ummm, it would be mid-engined too. Too many numbers, too many awards for the engine by Germans themselves eludes to this.

What kills me is that all Hail the VFR800 for what it is and many for what it will never be realistically. The MX-6 gave rise to a plethora of vehicles that revived the sport coupe. It was just too expensive in a market that was drying up. Porsche capitalized on this, because at a similar price point with inflation taken into consideration, the Porsche would do pretty well in a market where budget was now a bigger consideration and entry level folk. Oh yes, there even was a four wheel steering version of the 6. Back on topic: VFR800 owners try to make their bikes theirs and compete against offerings that they never can. But these same folk have the nerve to pitch crap at a similar vehicle THAT did outclass its nameplate!

That was the entire argument; nameplate, NO; design DNA, yes! FTW if automotive engineers, professional licensed automotive engineers, gave me the thumbs up, and said I had figured it out. From mathematician to engineer, I am. Beauty is not skin deep. That is the only analysis these others have added. Beyond the skin, there is flesh and blood. Consider that shit when you start your BS tantrums. And at the end of the day, whatever the dudes name is can't even change a bulb or service his own bike nevertheless give a recitation to a budding engineer about design. Go to an art gallery.

You are the dumb ass sheep following the crowd; it is a safe place to be. Middle finger to ya asses for keeping the BS going.

12. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Kawasaki mx5 mx6?
    Nobody gives a fuck.
    Take your boyfriend (as long as you and he are over 16) to an mx whatever meeting and have a circle jerk around the mx of your choice.
    Just stop crapping on about them here.
    The title of this thread involves Honda V4's. Not whatever you are trolling yourself about.

Wow. I think I'm going to get into a demarcation dispute with BB over this post.

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I like turtles.

thx1138 likes this.
  14. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Tellya what, I care. I may reply as I like. It was in regard to a post earlier in the thread that got off. I gave it up, but it was revived. Now. PM me for my contact info. We meet up. I betcha your demographic will say much about you including you are a coward and hide behind this net.

Get in touch and we will see what this little 5'6" individual can do. Yeah, I'm taking it to that level, whatever level ya like podnuh. I don't get all the playing and poking fun. Badbillie has posted some good stuff here and there. That other dude can't turn a wrench. But I don't get all that smack talk. Fun is fun. But when someone was offended, truly, you or whom else should have had the decency to back off.

I should have not responded then or now; but like I say, I'm willing to meet up and do this old school.

Good ole conversation, yeah. Betcha some fat old ? guy who renders policy through the masses of his kind but masks himself in politeness and hard work only to enjoy the fruits of labors of others and propagates lies and ills here and abroad along with destruction.

Your times coming, says John's Revelation.

LOL, I kill myself.

15. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Who the heck are you talking too?

16. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    I've always thought the spitfire was a much better plane than the FW190. If nothing else the sound of a supercharged Merlin at METO is a joy to the ears.
    Anyone who says differently is completely and utterly wrong.
    Of course the P51 was a truely great aircraft as well. Same merlin sound with longer range.
    How anyone could fail to understand how perfect these two fighters were is beyond me.

RobVG likes this.
  17. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    With all due respect, inviting heterosexuals outside to take part in your circle jerk is going to be spectacularly unsuccessful.

I'm in Australia so let me know when you are popping over however, I'm not into the gay scene so I can't really help you out with that interest of yours. You will have to do an internet search.

So many unanswered questions;
    Who is the non wrench turner?
    What specific demographic is cowardly and hides behind the web?
    Are you accusing me of exploiting the workers and hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma to perpetuate the economic and social differences in our society?
    I'm not sure what a podnuh means. Is it an archaic English word?
    Do you think a 5.6cm appendage is something to go public with?
    Do you actually believe the book of revelation was written by anything other than demented old priests who were stoned or drunk at the time of writing?

18. ridnout

ridnout New Member

United States
    Instead of taking time to spout witticisms and such that are not profitable, why don't you comment on my other recent posts. Nah, these are the ones you hunt like those other two. The more recent reply to trim refinishing and LCD PCB repair are in my way a contribution and "thanks" to the VFRWorld community.

My intention was to post a reply and start a new thread, a constructive one; however, I was alerted to this BS. I'm out of this one. Please forgive my indulgence.

Oh and by the way, yours still enjoy the fruits of that imperialism. Less than 2% of Australian Aboriginal men between the ages of 18 and 25 on the streets all incarcerated. Now the move is to say everything is equal; BS. It is easy to say that after the first attack was so splendidly executed and you own and bastardize all creation and mans' exploits as your own. You are perpetuating the continuing onslaught. Cheers or whatever mate. And no, I am heterosexual. Homosexuality is an abomination unto God.

Oh yeah, like a buddy of mine says, "In any ? lineage where there is prosperity for the generations to come, there has been one who has unscrupulously and feloniously acquired it." What gets me is that YOU then lie and think you are privy to the labors of others and believe yourselves to be totally righteous when nothing could be further from the truth.

Yup, for all have fallen short of the Glory of God; I just don't deny or revel in it.

Peace down unda!

19. fatbastard

fatbastard New Member

United States
    Map
    Popcorn anyone ?

20. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

Thinking more along the lines of a quaalude

duccmann and thx1138 like this.