How-DEE!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VFR750F3, Jun 25, 2017.

1. VFR750F3

VFR750F3 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey y'all! I've been a member here for 6 years, but am just making my intro post today....

My VFR is an 87 700F2, blue/silver. My GF bought it in ~1993 and I bought it from her about 3 years later. I took it apart in ~2001 to install a 750 motor and do a CBR swap plus a Penske, but having recently moved from MD to FL at that time, I couldn't get excited about riding there - so flat, straight, sandy and miserably hot - and it remains in pieces, 5 homes and god knows how many storage locations later. Anyway, now I live in NY and am thinking about restarting the project, which is a thought I've had several times over the years...

Some pics here

I had a 92 VFR before the 87, and I had the 86 I took the motor out of. First bike was a 73 CB750, and the last one I owned that ran was an 84 GL1200.

see ya
    kevin

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Samuel likes this.
  2. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Nice bike, I hope you get it back together soon!

3. VFR750F3

VFR750F3 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Joe! I just got an excellent motivational tool - a 90 VFR! Now I can remind myself how much I like riding. Since I'll lose 95 cents of every dollar I put in the 87 if I sell it, I'll be motivated to put it together (more money, yes, but then I'll keep it forever) and eventually sell the 90 again, which will sell for as much or more than I have in it, if I don't do anything stupid.... Isn't psychology great?

I'ma go try on some helmets. The one in my avatar is probably 14+ years old, though it doesn't have many miles on it, and my head is fatter than it used to be.

4. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome Kevin, nice bikes! I miss my 87 - mine also had that CBR conversion done... :)

5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Well, we are glad to finally get your intro mate! You sure do sound like a Honda man I will say. Please wander around and make yourself at home. Lots of useful threads and knowledgeable peeps on here.

As a tip, I would first throw up a thread in the 1st gen forum, and if no bites, I would try contacting member "squirrelman" for your 87. He is the wizard of all things vintages VFR. Conveniently, he also resides in a city in the state of NY that he calls Barf-a-load.....maybe you are familiar. Just make sure you have had your rabies shots first...
    :Bounce: