How many of you would buy a VFR 1000

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by R.W., Aug 19, 2006.

1. dino71

dino71 New Member

United States
    Map
    You have a great wishful thinking process but it will never happen. Aren't you guys used to being let down by Honda? From the looks at what was given to us in the form of a 1200 behemoth the only thing that comes close to what you described is the new Aprilia RSV4. I wouldn't mind throwing a leg over that bike for a test ride.

2. 65hemi

65hemi New Member

Vfr 1000

I would if it weighed the same as the CBR 1000RR.

3. mickeymike

mickeymike New Member

I would only buy a VFR again if it DIDN'T have linked brakes, DIDN't have VTEC, DIDN'T have an automatic transmission, DIDN'T have ABS. Yeah right!
    I am so sick and tired of maintaining Honda over-engineered NONSENSE that I don't want. I am at a loss for words. (printable words).

4. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Each one of you have some great points that show how the bike world has become stratified, both within a company and across company lines. On the one hand, there are dozens of bikes out there that might fit each one of our 'needs and wants' when it comes to a bike...on the other hand, it can be frustrating when there are so many bikes that don't quite fit our ideal of a bike. What gets really tough is when we limit ourselves by sticking with a specific company (like Honda). I have seen similar things in the guitar market, the drum market, the bicycle market, etc. Sometimes there are amazing amounts of products and NONE of them are quite right. So much of the time the obvious choices are: switch allegiance (try a different brand or style of bike), mod the heck out of something (getting harder to do nowadays in many ways and it is always expensive), or bitch :mad: (easy to do). I personally have done all of these. It is frustrating, especially when major trends (major style changes, environmental regs, major tech changes, etc.) are the problem. Sometimes we just need to vote with our pocketbook and buy another manufacturer's product.
    That is the ultimate customer feedback, no? :thumbsup:

5. SierraVFR

SierraVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Now you can but a VFR 1200! Then you can tell us all about the shaft drive and Dual Clutch Transmission. Sounds a bit like the Yamaha FJ1300 but better! Be sure to check it out in the latest pubs.
    The last generation may become more special since they have chain drive. I guess I could always settle for an 08

6. punisher12b

punisher12b New Member

the NEW MTS.. is SICK looking and amazing.. 150HP.. goober of toqure.. 4 different moods. and styles.. .. BTW futura is a sick looking bike and the Falco is a ST as well.. :D

7. Sea_Otter

Sea_Otter New Member

I'm happy with my 6th gen, its everything I want in a bike (could be a little louder and faster though) its exactly what I need in a bike. Sport Touring.. I enjoy taking long winding trips out in the boonies see the sights with a sporty feel and a little power to unleash the beast if I wana go fast. I have no urge to hit the track or do crazy stupid stunts nor do I want to sit upright with coffee holders in a boring motorcycle that looks like a car without doors. So the new VFR is to big and clunky for me, its face looks fugly imo.

If I wanted to get another bike it would be the BMW R1000 as more of a toy.

8. midias

midias New Member

United States
    Map
    For me the ride of the new VFR is similar to the VFR800 weight wise. Underway I feel it handles better and the acceleration difference is amazing. Compared to the 86750 she is heavy but handles as well and pulls like a freight train. Now I just need that new 2bros exhaust.

9. daveyto

daveyto New Member

Nice bike but remeber they are old!

10. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

yep and the price of used cowlings is horendous not to mention you cant even get them new anymore doh i really am pissed at my brother you would think a 34 year old would have more respect for someone thats trying to help him out...

11. Alexjinkim

Alexjinkim New Member

HAHAHAHA!!! I totally agree. I rode a klr for about 6 months dont get me wrong its a great bike for its purpose but doing trips on it and struggling around 80 gets old. The second i jumped on my vfr it was like i had a roket between my legs.

12. danny_tb

danny_tb New Member

Mmmm... RVF1000... Now your talking! :)

13. faceman

faceman New Member

United States

Try a 2 week, 6k mile trip on a fully loaded KLR,.. then jump on the viffer.... jusy sayin'

14. orion3814

orion3814 New Member

Yup I could use 2 parts bikes. Already have 2 of the beasts could use parts though ne 1 have ne parts vf1k r's

15. woody 800

woody 800 New Member

I rode one for about 30 mins...yes it was fast..great brakes..oh man i needed them!!!!!!!! Almost ran into the back of a farm tractor and had to really put on the binders..it stopped..i'm here to talk about it. Nice machine but i wouldn't trade my 98 vfr for it. Hope you are well and having fun...i'm retired army..all i have to do is wake up!!!

16. Lawrence Prodan

Lawrence Prodan New Member

Id buy one just ot look at, if I could afford it, it shure would look good in my garage.

17. DragonCypher

DragonCypher New Member

Map
    Rather than spending $20k+ on a 1000cc superbike and hoping that its as comfortable as a VFR.. why not just get a regular 5th or 6th gen, swap out the suspension front and rear then install a torocharger

Same great ergonomics for the street, but improved handling, and an easy 170-190hp for half the price of a new equivalent.

Plus with some of the amazing things I've seen people do, adapting different bodywork to the VFR you could make it look rather unique

18. Rubo

Rubo New Member

I agree. I love this Bandit 400 but discontinued.I love SV650 and that too discontinued.Shame really.
    [​IMG]
    above Bandit 400

19. Nungboy

Nungboy New Member

Map
    Three words:

Triumph 675 Daytona!

The perfect middleweight!

20. douglasthecook

douglasthecook New Member

United States
    Map
    If Honda built a bike that I wanted, I would buy one, however they have not built a bile that I want in many years. I would biy a 1000cc VFR, but it would have to be something along the lines of a RC-212V replica. I'd spend around $20k on it, no problem! I think an RC-211V would compete rather well with the Panigale and the RSV4. The current CBR's do absolutely nothing for me, and the VFR 1200 is so far from where the VFR came from...