Icon gear -- what are your thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by woodcycl, Feb 28, 2004.

1. woodcycl

woodcycl New Member

I've lost weight and need to pickup another Jacket, Pants, and helmet asap now that Spring is nearly upon us in the Midwest / Ohio Valley area. I had been using the JR Speedway jacket and FirstGear Mesh pants and was very happy with the jacket and satisfied with the pants.

I really like the looks of some of the ICON jackets and was wondering if anyone could chime in and give me your opinion of this line of gear.

I like the Neo-Daytona and Motorhead jackets quite a bit. However, it appears the Neo-Daytona only has two zippered vents, but the Motorhead has 6 zippered vents ... which allows the Motorhead to be worn longer into the heat of the summer. Thoughts?

Does anyone have any experience with the Icon Timax Mesh pants? I'd prefer to obtain pants of the "same brand" as the jacket to assure they can be zippered to each other without having to have any modifcations done. The specs don't mention padding in the hips like some other pants mention ... does anyone know if there is padding in the hips?

If anyone has the Icon leather jacket ... and are wearing a different brand of pant ... let me know what brand and how the two are working out together.

Thanks for the heads up and thoughts!

Brian