If your Really bored, Read This... This IS a total waste of your time! You were warned!

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Boostedpower, Apr 8, 2010.

1. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

Okay guys, So as I'm sure everyone here knows, I recently picked up my first bike which is a 1991 VFR750F Italian Red with gold rims (see pics) So long story short, I got the bike for $1750.00, It has 45,xxx Miles, and a Clear and Clean Title. I don't know if that is high, low, or average? The motor runs great, no abnormal noises (valves seemed good, no knocks, bearing noises) however It has a few minor issues. It came with a charging system issue, which the previous owner assured me was the battery (I went on an about 20min test ride and it lasted the whole time)... When I went to ride it home I made it about 15min before the bike died on me, which turns out (after a little ordeal) was the stator, so I ordered one of those today and reinstalled the rectifier. I went to a Local Bike Performance shop today and picked up some Motul 300v 10w-40 double ester synthetic oil, filter and a pair of Red Kevlar SPIDI Gloves, and a new battery. I am also going to pick up a set of new spark plugs tomorrow (Just for assurance that everything is taken care of) and I also added fluid to the rear brake resvior since there was littleraly barely any fluid in the bottom corner (it did cover the line) and I am bleeding the brakes and clutch when I do the plugs also Lubing up the chain :) Here's some pics to help you waste your time, Look at my adjustable fox rear suspension kit! :cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Images From Before the Crash:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let me Know what you think!

2. tinkerinWstuff

tinkerinWstuff Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I suppose you'll be wearing that helmet a little more often now?

Lets see the damage. you and about 5 others of us will all be doing body work

3. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Gen 3 is a sweet bike, the best of the VFR's in my opinion. Well worth the effort to restore to new or better.

4. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

Here are some Picture of how the bike sits now (after the lay down):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Damages to my body:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I got my New gloves and picking up a Joe Rocket Honda jacket :) starting to respect the bike a lot more!

5. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Dude, keep the pavement outside, you inside.

Good bike though. I guess you know you can get complete new fairings from Airtech now.

Good luck on the rebuild.

Larry

6. 2wheel`tone

2wheel`tone New Member

Map
    I have several spare fairings from my 91 panel rebuild. Let me know if your interested.

Airtech is cheap plastic and nothing is better than oem.

But I suggest you get some gear before you get your bike fixed, Helmet, gloves, jacket, pants, boots. Wear them all the time!

Sorry for your bike. I dropped mine on the trailer and cost me over 300.00 just in replacement panels. Now I have extras.

7. 2wheel`tone

2wheel`tone New Member

Map
    Wait, I just looked at the pics again, I will trade you my seat for your seat plus a fairing or too. Thats a deal!! You just saved 200 bucks right there.

THIS SEAT
    [​IMG]

8. cebuVFR

cebuVFR Member

United States
    Map
    man, that looks nasty but the bike can be rebuilt....glad you're safe.

9. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

Which seat? and do you have a left side upper? or a front cowl?!?!? Those are the two I need, everything else is going to be Epoxy'ed and bondo'ed
    [​IMG]

Yeah just got some Kevlar SPIDI Gloves (Pretty pricey if I do say so my self but its protection) HJC :/ helmet (getting tinted/mirrior visor) and picking up a Joe Rocket Honda Leather Jacket!

10. 2wheel`tone

2wheel`tone New Member

Map
    The left upper is the front cowl? But i have the left upper in primer ready for paint. And I have the center front piece. Show me some pics of the pieces you need. Since you have 2 seats I wouldnt have to send you mine. Also I am talking about the seat thats on the bike. I also have the factory windscreen.

11. 2wheel`tone

2wheel`tone New Member

Map
    WHat I have in for a trade.
    [​IMG]

12. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

I'm really not trying to trade the seat unfortunately plus it has a small rip about the size of a quarter in the seem so its not really a mint part, I'm trying to keep everything original with tasteful modifications, thanks for the generous offer though and your support with my bike!

13. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    ouch..good luck on puttuing her back together

14. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Can I ask why you took a pic of you putting coolant in the bike? Seems odd, and the clear rubber gloves look like you are going to give someone a prostate exam. Looks like you have your work cutout for you in regards to the damage.

I will be candid and say you were stupid not to wear a helmet or gear when you were riding (and crashed). We always preach ATGATT (all the gear, all the time) around here. Otherwise, it is just a cleansing of the gene pool. Somethings are so simple to do yet folks choose not to do them. No helmet = no brains. Plain and simple.

Will you follow seriously follow ATGATT now? That means a (at least) helmet, decent jacket with protection, gloves, protective boots, NO SHORTS, etc. You were very lucky you are not eating your dinner thru a straw with somebody wiping your ass for the rest of your life.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  15. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

16. Boostedpower

Boostedpower New Member

And the coolant and oil pics were to show that while the bike is down, I am taking car of it and changing the oil, coolant, spark plus, jets, sprockets, paint, chain, ect...