Is the new VFR 1200 selling?

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by runnerhiker, May 9, 2010.

?

Will you buy or consider buying the VFR1200?

1. I already bought one

13.8%
  2. I would consider buying one

36.2%
  3. I will NOT consider buying one

50.0%
  1. runnerhiker

runnerhiker New Member

Map
    1. I already bought one.
    2. I am/will consider buying one.
    3. I will NOT buy one.

My vote is that I would consider buying one. I think it is a better bike than my current '08 but I still like my '08 a lot. But I am very curious to know whether it is selling at all. My local dealer has had one on the floor for a month and it is still there.

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I put that I wouldn't consider buying one, but that's only because I am happy with my bike. I'm not a frequent bike changer. When something works well, I have a tendency to stay with it. I suppose if I was hard pressed by losing my current ride to some calamity and a good deal came up used on a 7th gen, I might, just might consider one. I really don't like big displacement, though.

3. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    I would also consider it if my '08 stopped doing it for me. The hope is that by the time I'm trading in the 6 gen, Honda will have made some slight aesthetic changes. Love the concept of the 7 gen as long as I would have a pure sportbike to go along with it. I'm not worried about the ugly can so much because it would be the first thing to go, regardless of how bad or good it looks anyway. I am having trouble with the headlight and would like to see that tweaked before I would purchase one.

4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Mmm not going to buy one in it's current form. Now maybe in 5+ years when the market goes bellies up. as I'm still hooked on the older versions, those are a huge bang for the buck.

5. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    If the price was right........... in about five years...........maybe.. Like Reg I am not a fan of big displacement.the VF1000 that I had in Panama was a lot of "oh my god this bike is trying to kill me" power.

6. runnerhiker

runnerhiker New Member

Map
    So far, only 3 out of 16 voters have bought one. It looks like a slow seller, but it is early in the voting.

Come on guys, if you visit this thread, VOTE.

7. eelspike

eelspike New Member

I bought one and i like it a lot, i would post more about it but i don't care to argue with folks who have made up there minds about it without riding it. With about 3,000 miles on it i'm pretty comfortable with it. Still waiting for the hard bags heated grips and center stand to finish out5 the kit.

Bob

8. Dukiedook

Dukiedook New Member

Map
    Jesus, so they still aren't putting a center stand stock on a sport-touring bike. Does that not make sense to anyone else?

9. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    In an odd fashion, it does make sense to me. I think that the previous generations were sporty enough to not include the center, but did anyway, only to have some remove it for track use. So I think that may be what Honda was thinking (money as well) when they made the call for no centerstand. Albeit on the wrong bike, because the 7 gen does seem suited for one. Not to say that the 7 gen isn't a sportish ride, who knows, maybe aesthetics are the thing.

10. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Hmmmmmmm...

No center stand standard.

No hard bags standard.

No heated grips standard.

No fully adjustable suspension standard or available.

Zero on-board storage space.

Butt freaking ugly, standard, no extra charge.

Nope, don't need to ride one & will not ride one. If the bike was the same price as the 6th Gen, I would at least attempt to test ride one. Since Honda (as a general rule) doesn't allow test rides, I don't see anyway I'm going to get some seat time. With all the shortcomings I've mentioned, I can't see any test ride changing my opinion. Honda is going after BMW bikes yet doesn't have or even offer the gizmos that BMW offers. Why on earth Honda chose to do this is quite unclear to me.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane: :usa2:

11. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

The 09 CBR1000RR's new look put me off when I first saw it but it did grow on me.
    [​IMG]
    Since then It seems like honda is doing their best to make "UGLY" the new "SEXY"...
    I for one an not going for it. Beauty may only be skin deep, But UGLY is to the bone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. BadVifYes

BadVifYes New Member

This sums it up for me too! Just got a brand new 06 and frankly I don't think Honda marketed that bike well either. If its supposed to be a SPORT TOURER, make it a SPORT TOURER! Great bike but the stock bars suck, the seat totally sucks, not enough wind protection, no heated grips, no luggage standard! That's been the gripes with the 6th generation for years and now they release a bigger displacement bike that is uglier and has even less- I think it will eventually do OK, but at the asking price, its going to be a tough sell in this economy!

13. havcar

havcar New Member

Map
    The 6 gen is not supposed to be a sport tourer or a full sport, it's a tweener and most of us don't bitch about the issues that have been mentioned. Quite the oppisite in fact. I think that 7 gen falls into this catergory as well.

14. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    That general rule exists for dudes who cruise dealerships and drive everyone bonkers by spouting BS from unpaid for magazines at the BX and all the free info on the net like it was some epiphany only for the chosen few. One should not feel alone getting busted over this. Women do the same thing in clothing stores and a few dudes in clothing stores and leather bars in San Francisco.

15. Cyborg

Cyborg New Member

United States
    Hiya asshole! Hmm, seems the rock you were under just wasn't big enough...

16. Cundalini

Cundalini New Member

Map
    From what I have read it is a GREAT bike...
    However. On my budget my next bike would be another goldwing for comfy 2-up riding.
    I already have my VFR and although my particular year is more touring then sport, it is plenty sporty for me. And aesthetically pleasing as well.I have never had a vehicle for a year, and _not_ grown tired of it before. This one changes that. Or maybe I am just getting older. At any rate happy just where I am. And I might see a track day or two someday on the wife's gs500 in the not so distant future. Either way, my stable is already full of 1 up bikes. ( 2 is alot for my garage ).
    If I was new to the market, it would not have even crossed my mind. I would have gone cbr as that was what I was looking for in the first place. I just lucked out and got the right bike by accident, which led to meeting the right people on the right forum and ending up with my gen 3 :).

17. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

YIKES! Just because KC got off and hurt himself some, doesn't make him an asshole.

So did you get over that irrational fear of riding or dinging your bike from before. I hope so. Irrational fear is a terrible thing. It leads to thumbsucking and night lights. Fine for little guys but in adults, it is looked upon as just a little weird.

18. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Nawh - If I hit the lottery tomorrow I would not buy that weird looking bike to replace my aging 91 model. Its ironic that Honda is going after bmw in the sport touring market and what does bimmer end up doing>? going after the Japaneses jugular vein with their new in-line 4/ which is another bike I would not buy if I won the lottery. Honda shoulda built a V-5 and the dummkopf germans should not try copying Japanese designs and stayed with the hex head boxer. All they did was reverse engineering and turned out a copy cat bike for the slack jawed mouth breathing doctors who are the only ones that could afford it.

19. BadVifYes

BadVifYes New Member

Only problem with this is that the Germans bested them at their own game and made a bike that by all accounts blows them all away. Pricewise, its competitive also so I'm not understanding much of this....

20. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Proof will be in the sales I guess. There are not Bavarian Manure Wagon dealers on every corner, time will tell. They had enough time to reverse engineer and its kinda funny how they gave up the crazy A arm front suspensions and other idocinracies that made their bikes stand out by at least being different. Only beemers worth a damn are the old hex head four valvers. Knock yourself out if you wana buy the latest greatest from them though. There is an ass for every seat pal.