Ive made up my mind, time to go for my next bike, VFR800f

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Corrugated, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    Well, I sold my RC51 in summer, and ive always wanted to get back on a VFR (had a 2004 VFR800 before the RC51), so I think im going to go with the new VFR800f..! I noticed the honda canada website and my local dealer currently have the bike discounted and the finance rates are on a possible promotion as well...any idea how long this could be in effect? Im assuming there will be no new updated VFR coming anytime soon (or is there??) So, im thinking i might as well just go for it at this current promo pricing......

Will purchase the oem saddlebags and an exhuast system to help things out of course (any recommendations on an exhaust?).

Thanks guys!

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome back as they say... Yes the 014 version has been seeing some big discounts all over the place. and yes on Honda web site they're saying there is a 017 model, same as the 014 version. So if it where me, I'd be looking for the 014 they are out there.

3. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    You will love the '14, DAM makes a nice looking exhaust and the Euro is at it's lowest of 5% which makes it good time to buy.

4. 4corsa

4corsa New Member

United States
    I paid $7600 USD out the door for a 2014 just 3 months ago from my Honda dealer. I installed a Delkevic carbon slip on for $230 - love it, great sound and high quality.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

5. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    RVFR, do you have a link to the particular Honda website you're referring to? I just checked both the USA and Canadian Honda sites and all I could find was the usual '14/'15 on the USA site and '15 on the Canadian site.

Corrugated, the only thing I've heard about with respect to changes to the VFR800 is that for '17 the Euro models get a new gray color, a power outlet as standard equipment, and a different exhaust can - see this vid below from recent bike show in Italy. However, I haven't seen any official announcements from Honda to suggest that this slightly tweaked version will be coming to North America any time soon - so I wouldn't worry about getting a leftover '14/'15 and having it be outdated right away. As far as exhausts go I'm very happy with my Delkevic mini carbon. Good luck with your search!

[video=youtube;cgsOU0TFj6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgsOU0TFj6M[/video]

6. Corrugated

Corrugated New Member

Canada
    Excellent tips, thanks guys! Will be paying the dealership a visit asap :) Will keep you guys posted on the outcome...

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    F! sucked in again, it was a You tube re link titled 2017 vfr, then add in the rumors in google, this was like a couple months back, I took it for granted as it sorta made sense, but we're talking Honda here. as I look back now doing reach by the book not face book, there isn't a mention of a 2017 VFR. SMH even though there are rumors galore, it's not so. Guess I'm eating crow for dinner tonight. ain't the inter net a fine place.