joining the eighth gen club

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by thecat, Dec 9, 2015.

1. thecat

thecat New Member

Unfortunately, two weeks ago, i dropped my yellow 99 vfr after being forced into an emergency braking situation on a group ride and the damage to the poor bike is too extensive to repair. I came away with numerous broken ribs on the right side, some road rash on the knees and sore ankles -- but my riding gear did its job, saving me from more severe injury. SO ATGATT. am on the road to recovery but still weeks away from getting back on the bike.

But with my dear wife's encouragement, read permission, i have just signed up for an eighth gen.

kiwivfr.jpg kiwivfr2.jpg

Here's what the ad read!

ABS Brakes
    EFI
    Heated Grips
    Immobiliser
    Traction Control
    Transmission Details: Manual
    Condition: Excellent

2014 Honda VFR800FA EX Blue Wing Honda Promotional bike as used by Aaron Slight for the Burt Munro event. Is a factory red bike that has been wrapped with a graffix kit, and can be removed. A One off special. Bike is factory standard, with the balance of New Bike warranty. Has a Quick shifter fitted and the single seat cover as well.

merry x'mas to all on the forum and happy new year.

2. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    YAY! A bike where they broke up the mile long sea of red with something cool. It looks GREAT!

A "111" for the Indian motor on the VFR bike? Well, I guess any number will do. :eagerness:

3. thecat

thecat New Member

Aaron Slight was a Honda factory world superbike rider through the nineties and 111 was his racing number. He did not win a title but finished second several times. That I will most likely be covering up as that's too attention grabbing! seeing as i live in the same area as he.!

4. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    Congrats on your new ride and wish you a speedy recovery. You are going love this bike. Mine came with the quick shifter too, and is great even for every day use. Bought mine slightly used too with 2600 miles. Love the graphics, nice to be unique.

5. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I like the black add on as well. But I understand covering the numbers under the circumstances and would probably do the same. There is just too much red on too many bikes in the Honda line. Anything the break that up works for me.

6. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    Oh this must be a coincidence. Indian just built a bike with the "111 Thunderstroke" to honor Munro...yea, sorry, why would they put this number on the side of a bike. I goofed with that assumption.

7. thecat

thecat New Member

Guess the one useful option missing are the bar risers. Do our think u need them?
    I did look around for alternatives but there was nought from the other manufacturers that grabbed the eye.or my wife's and we kept coming back to a Vfr. It had 2200 Kms on it. So even though I as yet can't ride, we went to have a look. I got them to lower the seat and climbed on. Immediate impression was it was slimmer in the waist than the 99 and felt balanced though possibly a different reach to the handle bars. It arrives home on Tuesday so looking forward to that. What's your overall impressions compared to pvs bikes of yours?

8. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    A better investment are the Knight Design lowering pegs, more of an improvement in riding position than the risers, however I have both. Member "Motopumps" of VFRW makes them in two thicknesses and they match color too.

[​IMG]

9. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Nice , Nice and more nice. love what Honda finally did to the VFR. bout time. RED is way cool though in this model I prefer the white. But this one is cool too a one of, again nice. Congrats, very understanding wife you have, does she have a sister? and you get bonus points for throwing up photos ;)

10. fatshoutybloke

fatshoutybloke New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  11. thecat

thecat New Member

Hiya fsb!. Yes, the same one. That thread on vfrd also contains video of the hill climb. This year slight used a cbr1000rr repsol replica for the Burt Munro. He led a Honda contingent to the meet and I joined the convoy from our area to Wellington ferry terminal. Someone can get a good deal on the promo bike when the Honda distributor has done with it!