Just took the new (to me) vfr for a 700 mile cruise

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by V-FORE, May 17, 2006.

1. V-FORE

V-FORE New Member

Map
    Hi All, After picking up my 94 VFR 5-8-06, I had a thought to surprise my Mom for Mothers day and rode over to Spokane, WA from Arlington, WA approximately 325 miles each way. I had a great trip, the bike is extremely comfortable, I had no soreness, no discomfort at all!! Meet some nice people along the way at the rest stops (I think now its time to quit smoking), on the trip I got 41mpg. The bike sure is more comfortable than the 84 sabre I had, and talk about smooth with plenty of power to spare. As I was following a Medical Examiner truck that was crusing about 95-100 for about an hour and a half, I decided to roll on the throtle and at 135 I decided that if I got a ticket it would ruin the trip so I dropped back down to cruising speed. I was amazed at how the bike seemed to want to go further up the dial, I am so happy to be back on a V-Four. It seems 10 years has made a huge difference. Now I am looking at the new ones! and as soon as my finances allow it I am going to get a new one and let the wife take over the '94

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Wow, that's good mileage. I got 38 mpg on my last tank and was pretty happy with it. I was trying to think if I was doing anything differently but the only thing I cam up with is that the weather's warmer and that shouldn't improve mileage I don't think...

3. tater

tater New Member

Map
    I did the same - up to 135 for a while - like doing 55, smooth & easy - then back down to "small ticket" range. Pick your spots & times. How do you spell trakkkk days?