Lend a helping hand when you buy a 3D printer

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by OOTV, Sep 1, 2017.

1. OOTV

OOTV Insider

My business partner is involved in the 3D printing community and has the opportunity to provide support for an animal rescue organization helping out in Austin TX due to the storm. Long story short, if you buy a printer and use his code, the company that sells the printer will donate the profits to Austin Pets Alive.

Here is his email to me:

If anyone is considering getting a 3D printer, and would like to help the pet victims of Harvey at the same time, I will be donating all money generated off the affiliate sales of the CR10 printer using the coupon code below to Austin Pets Alive!

The CR10 is a highly regarded larger format printer.
    If you are interested, please use code GBCR10J at the link below. When you put in the code, it should drop the price down to $396.99. The code expires on 9/15. Note, I only get credit if the code is used with my affiliate link below.

https://goo.gl/ajqyST

To find out more about what Austin Pets Alive is doing to help out our furry friends affected by Harvey, please check out: https://www.austinpetsalive.org/hurricane-harvey-evacuations/

lone_wolf and duccmann like this.
  2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
  3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Not sure what size objects this printer will print out but technically you can pretty much print out anything you want, as long as you have the proper material and a design loaded into the printer. The issue with printing a windscreen is the lack of opacity. Haven't seen any material that will printout clear.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    well it comes in pieces. My guess is that maybe you could print the black base piece, but for the mounts you'd need cnc(sp?) router and aluminum. For the clear screen I guess you'd have to go for injection plastic mold. Anyway, that's how they can get away with $850 for a damn fairing.

5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    who wants to DRAW all that? doncha have a scanner ?