Looking for good online stores to order VFR goodies from.

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Audible, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Audible

Audible New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hello hello.

I'm the latest noob on these forums who has just ordered a brand new VFR 800 in Pearl white and eagerly await delivery from the dealership. Can't wait. :cool-new:

Being in Australia, there is a local phenomenon when it comes to parts prices known locally as "aussie tax".
    Case in point, The 31 litre top box in pearl white, Honda part number 08L71-MJM-D00ZC. Locally it's worth $1,124.62 aus, and from motorcyclespareparts.eu, it's 421.37 euro.
    At the current exchange rate of 0.69 aussie bux to euro bux, doesn't take much to work out I'll be much better off buying my goodies from overseas. I can wait a few weeks for delivery to save $500 aus just on one item....

My google fu has found www.motorcyclespareparts.eu and www.partzilla.com to name a few, but I'm not real confident placing an order with these sites, particularly given the value of the orders.

So the question is, What websites has people used and can recommend that will ship internationally? Feel free to suggest and tell stories about your experiences ordering goodies for your VFR!

Edit:

I forgot to mention, I've already ordered some goodies;

- Motopumps for the 0.95 inch handle bar risers.
    - R&G racing for radiator guard, swing arm protector, boot guards.
    - AVDB Moto - brake & clutch long levers.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    When get back on computer later I'll post in links. But to keep you going just now. Cmsnl, bike parts Honda, there are a few more.

Remember you will also need to pay shipping. Can you not order from Japan or NZ?

3. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
  4. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Audible, not sure about other folks experience but I have ordered a good number of my parts from Partzilla and have had only one issue with an order but it was due to a back order situation more than something they had done. The issue was a lack of notification but after placing a phone call to them everything was sussed out. Other than that they have done a good job of getting me my parts in a reasonable amount of time and for a good price.

BTW, Welcome to The World! I'm sure you'll find lots of good info here, VFR related and otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  5. Audible

Audible New Member

Australia
    Map
    Thanks for that.

I guess it comes down to which currency exchanges best with AUS. Though looking at some of those sites, they all beat the local Honda prices. CMSNL is 474 euro on the 31litre top box in white, current exchange is 0.69 so $686 aus, still much better than the local @ $1124.

I have looked at the 45L top box, but I think it is too big for my needs. I've had a top box on the back of my last two bikes and I prefer them to be around the 35 litre mark. So of the two boxes, the 31 Litre would suit, but yeah, that price! :disturbed:
    I can pick up a Givi E370 monolock for about $270 including shipment across the country so that's a lot of loot for the 31Litre with the color matched lid.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Patience...There are several guys from down under on this forum who know a shitload about the subject. Nearest source for luggage although not hard is Ventura in NZ. Ventura also make Lexan shields for the headlights for VFRs. Cheap insurance against rocks, errant roos, wombats and pedestrians..

7. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

Kuwait
    Map
    I've ordered a lot of OEM parts from Partzilla, generally quick shipping, and their freight costs are very low (small package is generally USD19 or so). I wanted to support the local Honda dealer because they are nice blokes, but every part I've ordered is "3 weeks, ex Japan" and the cost works out to 30-50% more than the delivered cost from Partzilla.

I've also bought from Speed Addicts in the US (shock for my ST1100) and they were both very fast and helpful; don't tell the local feds but the vendor kindly put a lower declared value on the package so I avoided paying 15% tax here.

8. OZ VFR

OZ VFR Member

Australia
    Map
    I can also vouch for Partzilla, great price and fast shipping.