lower clip ons?

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by possum2082, Jul 4, 2007.

1. possum2082

possum2082 New Member

Map
    new vfr owner here. anyone tried lower clip ons on a 4th gen? i was helping my buddy shop, and i was falling for a slingshot gsxr's riding position. it seems like the bars would need to be turned toward the headlight slightly to clear the tank when down a few inches. any ideas?

2. dale-j

dale-j New Member

You could either try to mount the stock bars below the triple clamp, or replace them with cbr 41mm bars. The ones I've played with were from a cbr600F3 and would have bolted up in the stock location on top of the triple (not requiring the forks to be disassembled) with some finessing. I prefer the stock bars on my VFR, but if you want the riding position of a GSXR, I'm sure you could find a GSXR rider to trade bikes with and who would be happy with the deal ;)'

A better solution would be the convertibars from http://www.convertibars.com/ which allow you to spin the mount forward around the fork leg so that you keep clearance to the tank, and change it back at will for touring duty.