Luggage options

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by ozzybob, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    Hi everyone
    I recently bought a 2015 VFR1200F and had a Ventura rack and bag fitted.
    The rack sits too low for my wife to use it as a grab rail and the bag is a piece of shit so I'm looking for aftermarket saddle bag options.
    I'd prefer to not have to fit brackets.
    Any ideas?

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Does not Ventura caution using the racks as grab rails and backrests? Maybe since it seems you had the rack fitted, take a look at the instructions to see if it was in fact properly fitted. Can't account for the bag.

The list of saddlebags and panniers is way to long to even consider unless you like endless stories aboot what some dude had on his Honda 50 back in 1962. ;)

The crew from OZ may know some local outlets for luggage. Shipping and VAT from the US, I hear is not inexpensive.

3. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    That is exactly why I placed my question in the "7th generation" AKA, VFR1200F section of this forum.
    It blows my fucking mind that people with a 91 model 750 will tell me what I'm doing wrong etc.
    shut the fuck up unless you have information on THIS model, please, for the love of God, can we stay on topic.

4. Badbilly

United States
    I will pray to the mods to grant your wishes if you promise not to refer to your wife as a bag and a piece of shit all in one sentence.

God as I understand her, mostly puts up with us. Not much love there..

5. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    Very funny cunt.
    If you refer to my wife this way again you will wish you didn't.

6. Badbilly

United States
    "The rack sits too low for my wife to use it as a grab rail and the bag is a piece of shit so I'm looking for aftermarket saddle bag options."

Maybe the folks from Ventura can refund your pesos and suggest something more in line with your needs. I would suggest anger management but my guess is that this has already been suggested.

7. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    What's the line above that say dip shit?
    Piss off and annoy someone else you germ.

8. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Come on Ozz that was pretty funny, the English language can so easily be misunderstood. Tried talking to some Scotsmen a long time ago, couldn't understand a word until I had 6 beers with them. Crystal clear then.

Get stock Honda or go with Givi. Though not cheap you can't go wrong. The wife will love it too.

9. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Whoa now . it's all fun and games here I thought.

10. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    Insulting my wife is not funny at all, if you think it is, you have very low moral standards.
    If billy could read there wouldn't be a problem.
    If billy wasn't a cockhead there wouldn't be a problem.

11. Sayo

Sayo New Member

United States
    Get the honda oem bags ,you won't regret it,I can actually say it changed my life

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

12. Sayo

Sayo New Member

United States
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

13. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    Thanks Sayo.
    I think it's the best option, I'd hate to have steel racks hanging off it, they look so ugly and heavy where as the OEM ones don't need them.
    There is a guy in Perth (other side of Australia) that has some, hopefully I can get them for a reasonable price.
    Here is a pic with the Ventura rack and bag [​IMG]it looks ok but the bag is mostly useless and the zippers are frustrating to say the least.
    I've sent Ventura an email complaint about the bag, time will tell if they reply.

14. Badbilly

United States
    There are several solutions to this problem. Sticky zippers can be fixed with a quick rub of a suitable lubricant. I use an old candle. I have heard some of the blokes from OZ use roo grease.

According to a recent study, dissing folks who own 91 VFRs is not a great way to win friends and influence people.

More to the point may I offer this sage advice.

If you or someone you know has short man syndrome then how would you go about addressing this? There are several ways that you can go about dealing with short man syndrome and reduce its effects.
    One method would be to simply change the way you think. To recognize that first of all most people aren't going to view you drastically differently as a result of your stature. Often your perceived shortcomings are just that – perceived – and if you get rid of cognitive biases then you can see that people aren't actually viewing you any differently. The best way to achieve this is to use something called 'cognitive behavioral therapy'. This is a form of therapy in which you are taught to better recognize and understand the contents of your own thoughts and from there to then be able to control and change their content. Seeing a cognitive behavioral therapist will teach you to use 'mindfulness' in order to reflect on your potentially negative thought processes and positive affirmations etc., in order to replace these for more positive ruminations.
    Looking at some of the positive benefits of being shorter can help you to overcome your short man complex too. For instance, note that shorter people tend to be able to more easily gain muscle and thus often appear stockier and so more imposing as a result despite what they lack in height. Meanwhile as someone smaller you will have a lower center of gravity and you will be better able to keep under the radar as a dark horse. Shorter individuals are also often more agile and have better reflexes and some women prefer shorter men as they are less intimidating or 'cuter'.
    If you are very unhappy with your height then there are ways to compensate physically that might help you. For instance it is possible to wear 'height insoles' that fit into your shoes and then elevate your heel thus making you taller and so more imposing again. No one needs to know you're wearing them, but they will add a good 2-3 inches to your height taking you from short to average or average to tall and you can this way feel more confident in social situations.

Sayo has great advice generally. I would hate to think that anyone's wife would have to be chopped into three chunks just to become a pillion is just a little drastic.

I think all MC forums should have a low morals thread if for nothing else, to keep up with the harleydoods.

Back for a mo to Ventura. This page gets one to the many variables that can be had with the Ventura system including one rack that does include a grab rail. The rack shown on bob's bike is all steel. my guess is that without looking at any of the many fitments available. Some dealer sold him on buying a rack that made his wife unhappy.

http://www.ventura-mca.com

15. Badbilly

United States
    What we need here is higher moral standards by golly.

16. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    Insult me all you like billy, I couldn't give a flying fuck but DO NOT insult my wife or family.
    If you had any standards I wouldn't need to tell you that.

17. ozzybob

ozzybob New Member

Australia
    And unless you have any relevant information regarding luggage for a VFR1200F please fuck off.

18. Riding a 2000

Riding a 2000 Member

United States
    Map
    Dang, ozz. Poking Bb harder with a stick will likely just result in a louder squeal.

Indeed, I read your OP and thought to myself: "What?" Had to read again.
    Language differences by locale can be entertaining, no need to take offense.

Never met either of the sparring blokes, but wondering why the :pisser:

Edit: Just invested in some bags myself, but no need to worry about my wife's opinion. She won't ride a moto with anyone, ever. Me included. But she puts up with my time on two. Maybe just waiting for the insurance payout? Eh, can't be that, we canceled my life insurance coverage when the 2nd son turned 21, and my policy aged out/got stupid expensive.

19. Badbilly

United States
    A flying fuck here in the states is thought of as a reciprocal agreement at altitude. We even have a club for it. Not much need to tell me more of your familial problems or your lack of skills with the English language. In US terms, I got you wired.

20. Badbilly

United States
    Sorry, I sold my 1200 months back. I use luggage from a company in Bend, Oregon called "Giant Loop" I use it on my BMW and my 1991 VFR and it was just swell on the 1200 also. To give you a hand on your language skills, luggage on a bike could be anything from those fringed leather boxes popular with the Harley crowd to tank bags to one of those Ventura combinations that you never looked at until your wife jumped your shit and you came on like you were some bad ass.