Manic Salamander Throttle Lock

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by mcrider_houston, Dec 14, 2016.

1. mcrider_houston

mcrider_houston New Member

United States
  2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    How many of these do you have for sale on Ebay?

Could some of the Houston members buy one direct or have one to do a review? How do they compare to a Throttlemeister. The Throttlemeister's are a lot more money for sure. They look pretty easy to install.

3. mcrider_houston

mcrider_houston New Member

United States
    I only have one. It is the one I removed from the bike. I've not used the Throttlemeister so really can not compare.

4. Badbilly

United States
    The Ebay source was also Houston. Kind of confusing as to are you selling or giving away the one that was removed from the VFR or do you have a bunch of these that are being sold out of Houston on Ebay.

Consider the Throttlemeister for your new bike. They are not inexpensive for sure.

5. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

I removed the shizzy throttle lock from my bar not too long ago. Always needed adjusted.
    $_103.jpg

I've never had a bar end, but will need something before next road trip. Do bar ends need constant similar adjustments? If so, I may not consider a replacement.

6. Badbilly

United States
    Is that the one that doubles as a cigar cutter and if ya got two can be used as handcuffs for midgets?

Throttlemeisters are not cheap. You get the using and a matching bar end for the left bar. Adjustment is linear. The more ya turn the thing the tighter it gets. Same deal with backing off. The Throttlemeisters are Stainless steel and precision made. They do ther same thing every time. Been on my VFR on three sets of bars. Stock and two sets of HeliBars. Never a problem.

7. A.M

Yep, that's the one BB. Such useless shizz I always thought. I haven't tossed it out. I may take it to cigar bar. So classy.

Thanks for the info on your experience with Throttlemeister. Sounds worth a try.

8. Badbilly

United States
    Best to wait until Barrett comes back with his pitch on why you should keep it. ;)

That and the pitches aboot those plastic types that are plastic.. Then we got even more useless with the cruise controls..What's next self riding Harleys? EEEEEK! We'd have badass harleydoods flipping us the bone with both hands and maybe even feet..

9. A.M

Hmm, no matter what may be said, I'm ready to try something else other than cigar cutters.

I've ridden something like 40,000 miles on motos in the past few years with shizzy cramp busters and weak nutcracker throttle locks.

It's time I give something else a go.

It may be the Beemer crowd that does it first with the 100-year vision moto.

10. Badbilly

United States
    Nutcracker is perfect!! Save it for squirrel attacks..

On many of the airhead and K BMWS a throttle "lock" of sorts was part of the throttle mechanism. A small knurled thumb screw applied pressure to the rotational part. Drag or fully locked was a matter of just rotating the thumbscrew. whole thing is about the size of a nickel.

BMW riders like a couple of the other type "locks" too..