Nashville roads.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Lint, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    So, my wife and I are seriously thinking of moving to Nashville. My brother lives there and rides, and says there are a lot of fun roads out there, but he rides a new Harley. I currently live outside of Los Angleles and I am surrounded by excellent roads, tight canyons, open high speed sweepers, etc. A riding mecca.

I am wondering if there are any roads out there that aren't couch bike rated. If you are from the area, please chime in.

Thanks

2. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    I'm sitting in Nashville right now and live nearby. Yes, there is every kind of road you could want within reasonable riding distance of here. South and a little west of here are some very high speed, sweeping, tight, and as varied all day routes you can imagine with very high skill needed. These are roads that regular riders will never tell you about or show you the routes. Most of them are in the middle of nowhere. East of here are the Smoky Mtns. which offer some of the best riding in the country. You can couch bike anywhere but you can't get in over your head anywhere like you can easily do nearby here. Run Wolf Pen Gap hard if you feel froggy and see how long you live if you want an unhealthy challenge. It's not far away as are too many other places to mention. You can also find out how good you aren't at The Dragon, which isn't far away. Somebody is always faster and a better rider than you there.

Lint likes this.
  3. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    I've done the Dragon and while I'm sure there are faster local riders, I couldn't help but be impressed with how you can actually see through the turns, versus here in the mountains and canyons where nearly every bend is a blind turn due to a mountainside blocking your view.
    The dragon was a fun ride, be but it's a few hours away from where we are going to live.
    Good to know that there is a variety of roads nearer to Nashville. I also have seen that there are track days in various places about 1 - 2.5 hours away, in Kentucky, Alabama, etc. That's about the distance to the local tracks here.