New 2014 VFR800

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by thegreatnobody, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Vfourer

Vfourer New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq8H_3WIK0c

About 1.30 gives you a better view of the front. The look grows on you after a few watches.
    BYQOUa8CQAAG3uJ.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  2. Glenngt750

Glenngt750 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Wow, a new Honda that could appeal to North American riders! Of course it won't come here. Or maybe in another 5 years when the Europeans have had their fill, and Honda needs to clear the pipeline for a new European model. Is my cynicism showing through?
    It's lighter, has Traction Control, fresh (er) styling, ABS equipped radial brakes, standard heated grips, real world looks and hopefully riding position. Whats not to like? I for one really like it! Maybe us Canadians will get it?

3. warprints

warprints New Member

United States
    Map
    Got a little excited when I saw this bike - maybe time to replace my '99. Hmm. Not coming to the U.S. any time soon. Oh well, looks like a Z1000sx might be my next purchase.

4. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    A new bike from Honda and still it has a key to start the bloody thing. I hate fumbling for a key in my pocket. Cars will now unlock when you get near, start up from pushing a button and lock when you walk away. Why not put it on a bike? Love the headlights.

5. jev.

jev. over there

United States
    The Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours has a similar system that uses a fob you carry and although there is a key, it can remain in the ignition at all times. You can remove it as long as you are within range with the fob to open the luggage.
    The problem is, if you lose the fobs(it comes with 2) you have to replace all the ECM's( if I recall it has 3) at @$4000.00. This was true when I last worked for Kawi about 3 years ago and I doubt it's changed.
    I'll stick with good old fashioned keys.

6. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    I don't understand Honda. This is basically my 2004 VFR with new styling and a couple of features I wasn't asking for. Like traction control on a 100 HP motorcycle. And a low-mount exhaust. Maybe I am overly critical of Honda, but other manufacturers manage to produce exciting innovative motorcycles AND stay in business!

7. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    THe NC700X is the most innovative bike made in 10 years. The problem is Honda isn't pushing big changes and innovation in sportier sport-touring bikes cause that's not where the money is. And honestly, even in *that* category, the V12 is the most innovative sport tourer since...well...the VFR.

8. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

It's 2014 and this bike still has no USD forks? Kind of a bummer. But the more and more I see this, the more I want it.

If you Canadians get it... I'm jumping the border and stealing one... :canada: :whistle:

Good luck with the insurance on the Ninja 1000... it's obscene.

9. warprints

warprints New Member

United States
    Map
    I've checked, and it's not that bad --- it pays to be old :numbness:

10. Gweglez

Gweglez New Member

Map
    I really like the look of the vtec model, this is a bit too curvy for my liking, new dash is nice though

11. brdbluz

brdbluz New Member

United States
    Map
    The 2014 VFR 800 will look great parked next to my '01! I like it!

12. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    A question for the pre-6th Gen owners - is there anything here that screams "Big Meaningful Improvement" over the 6th Gen VTEC? I am curious whether owners of older VFRs see something here that convinces them to buy this bike when they weren't convinced to buy the 6th Gen?

13. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

Apparently. Considering the 8k, 10k, and 11k insurance quotes I was given on a clean record about a year ago...

14. Bryan88

Bryan88 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

South Africa
    Map
    Good point, but from just a quick look it seems to be getting back to the 4th/5th gen look (the standard issue new top fairing aside). Perhaps that is the whole point in so far as they are trying to entice owners of the older VFR's (who they already know weren't impressed with the 6th or 7th gen) to, if not rush out and buy one, at least consider it when their VFR's need replacing. Lets face it, reliable as they are even the 4th gen is now approaching 20yrs old.

15. truewheel

truewheel New Member

New Viffer!!

10kg Lighter
    Traction Control
    Seat & Handlebar Adjustable
    Heated Grips
    LED Lights
    Better Brakes
    Better Dash

[​IMG]

I want a Gen 8, mate!

16. VFR1200

VFR1200 New Member

Canada
    Map
    It also has luggage points on the bike as with the 7th gen. No more framework.

17. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Good point. It is already starting to grow on me. Maybe they did make it for me. Let's face it, it takes at least 20 years to wear ou5 a vfr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

18. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    I'm thinking I like it. :thumbsup:

From the photos it looks pretty good both body and dash, great tank capacity / range, beautiful SSSA, a V4 and a center stand so will be on my short list in a few years when I'm thinking I'll have to replace my Gen 5. Only slight negative had expected it to have USD Forks.

Below is the Launch linky from Oz Internet site MCNews.com.au

" Honda VFR800F updated for 2014

The legendary VFR800F is completely updated with sharp, contemporary looks, a brand new telescopic fork, Pro-arm swingarm, wheels and bodywork. Plus adjustable seat height, standard-fit Traction Control System, ABS, heated grips and Honda’s unique new self-cancelling indicators. 10kg lighter than the previous model, with the engine re-tuned for greater low and mid-range torque.
    The V4 engine configuration is a special one for Honda, going back nearly 40 years. A complex, yet compact unit, it has a unique power delivery and a soul all its own. Honda’s current RC213V MotoGP machine uses a V4, as does the flaghip sport-touring VFR1200F. It’s a powerplant woven tightly into Honda’s engineering DNA.

And nowhere has the V4 engine been more at home than in the legendary VFR800F series – a truly all-round motorcycle that’s always done sport as well as it tours, and all areas in between, with or without a pillion. It has inspired huge loyalty among owners over the last two decades and it’s estimated there are still 75,000 VFRs in regular use across Europe. "

MCNews Linky:
    http://www.mcnews.com.au/2014_Bikes/Honda/VFR800F/Intro1.htm

[​IMG]

19. DemonPig

DemonPig New Member

Map
    Very excited about this, looks like Honda listened. I even complained to them myself a while back about discontinuing the 800. 1200 has not been a replacement that (most) people wanted.

Looks are a cross between a 5th and 6th gen it seems. I like it, although the exhaust could be up higher, above the peg or undertail, to expose the wheel.

Hopefully the bike will come to North America, make your voice heard and contact Honda.

20. cha6040

cha6040 New Member

I like the headlight, the rest is meh... and the side mount exhaust blocks the view of that beautiful single sided swing arm.