New guy looking for

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shmee, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Lord Jesus, I am praying to your autographed picture and praying cloth draped over my radio as we speak that I shall recover as a whole person from that clever riposte. Shoot, I may even keep buying my whips and vinyl crotchless chaps from that shop in BC if you save me.

TIA JC and say hello to all the dudes up there for me if you get a chance.

2. Shmee

Shmee New Member

:crazy:

Anyways....

3. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Your concession was accepted the first time. There is no sense beating yourself up even more.

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Shmee,

Another thing most are not aware of, or choose to be ignorant about, if you declare your car for pleasure use only, you have an accident regardless of who's fault, even when used for pleasure, if they can determine you have used your vehicle over the allowable to and from, this is a breach of your insurance policy. They can refuse to pay and are quite successful with that. And I can't say I really disagree with that. Those who are at risk should pay the higher premiums. So my truck, which seldom gets used to and from work, is in fact insured for to and from just in case.

Another tid bit, is that it is a condition of you policy that your vehicle is only driven by a person licenced in accordance with your policy. Again, they find out contrary, you could loose out. So, keep an eye on your driver's licence expiry date. Especially if you have moved and have not told them you moved. They send your renewal notice to their last known address for you. It expires, for who cares what reason, then it is a breach of insurance policy. Not an offense per se, but could be incredibly costly if there is a claim against your insurance, and they decide to say no because of this

5. Shmee

Shmee New Member

Randy,
    Very true on all counts. A large amount of people are ignorant to this and part of that lies on the insurance agent for not fully explaining the limits and risks. Then again, the vast majority of people do not really take the time to do a history check or have a vehicle inspected prior to purchas. I have seen this countless times where someone just bought a car and brought it in for service only for us to take a look at it and see the aftermath of major damage and/or in many cases thousands of dollars of repair/maintenance required. 2 things easily know with a proper PPI and history check. A lot of cars brought up out of the states over the last few years have been like this.