New in Sunny Seattle

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by novaone, Aug 7, 2017.

1. novaone

novaone New Member

United States
    Hello VFR enthusiasts. Been lurking for a little while now and finally purchased a 6th gen. It's in pretty good shape but not perfect. The most pressing things are the bent clutch handle and figure out why the right grip is sitting too far off the end of the bar. Preventing me from installing a bar end. Oh and the other bike is my father-in-laws Bandit 1250.

New_Bikes_Preston.jpg

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Hello and welcome! Glad to have you! Nice work in putting up a pic! I be digs your cap'n America!

Do you have any plans for aftermarket items? Lots of cheap adjustable levers are available on flea bay.

Oh, and put up a pic of your grip so maybe one of us ca offer advice. Top and bar end view.

3. novaone

novaone New Member

United States
    I have a few plans for it. It already has a Sargent seat, heli-bars, and I'm guessing the mufflers have been partially gutted judging by some UGLY welds on the bottoms of them. I installed my givi top box yesterday.

I'm considering buying the cheap levers but I'd rather buy pazzos down the road. I might try the cheap ones and maybe replace them down the road. I want to touch up the bodywork and do some general maintenance since I don't know the history before I start customizing too much.

I'll take a few pics of the bars in the morning and post them up.

4. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Welcome and beautiful ride! Thanks for the photo! The Bandit is good lookin' there.

I've had a couple banana levers. One was successfully heated up (slowly) and bent back into decent shape. Could barely tell it had been bent. That could be one option to try until you are ready to buy pazzos. Hopefully your right grip issue isn't too difficult to settle.

5. novaone

novaone New Member

United States
    Here's a few pics of my handlebar. Hopefully you can see the measurement is about half an inch deeper than it should be.

IMG_1331.JPG IMG_1333.JPG IMG_1334.JPG

6. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    Maybe you can push the hand grip back to the inside where it belongs.
    Or just get new ones. Looks good, I always liked the RWB colors.

7. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    I had the $180+ pazzos....and they were great quality...however, after seeing so many friends with very nice looking Chinese levers for $30 bucks I was