New (to-be) VFR owner from Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TorqueNut, Jul 9, 2017.

1. TorqueNut

TorqueNut New Member

United States
    Map
    Hi all, Austin to-be VFR owner here. I got a killer deal on a brand new 2015 Interceptor DLX in pearl white. Heading up to Dallas to pick her up on Saturday. I'm really excited! Been waiting on an opportunity to get an Interceptor for about 3 years.

I plan to make some immediate changes to her, including riser bars (MotoPump 1.25"), grip cushions (Grip Puppies), exhaust (probably Delkevic), air filter (K&N), and see-through clutch housing.

Are there any common nuisances I should be aware of, or common upgrades I should consider? My daily ride is a 2000 Honda ST1100, and I've got a 2013 Suzuki Boulevard M50 for sale.

Thanks in advance! If you're in or around the Austin area, please hit me up and let's go for a ride!

2. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Good Choice! Waiting for the pics! :)

3. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Hello and welcome! Were you able to pick up your new mistress a couple Saturdays ago? Please share a pic if so!

4. TorqueNut

TorqueNut New Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks derstuka! I've been lurking all over this site and forgot about my own thread! Silly me.

I got the girl back to Austin safe and sound. It was quite the adventure; traveling from Austin to Dallas (~200 miles) 2-up on my buddy's V-strom 650. It was hot, then it was rainy, then it was hot again... yech. But anyway, here's what you're looking for:

20170715_124345.jpg 20170715_124250.jpg 20170719_191620.jpg

And all three of my kids tucked neatly in the garage... :)

20170715_201222.jpg

As I type this, I only have about 75 miles to go for the break-in period to be over. I've got my Honda genuine oil and filter ready, and intake and exhaust on order :)

Samuel likes this.
  5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Damn, I be lovin's that white! Sweet bike, better yet, sweet stable! Looks like she has siblings