New to the world of vfr

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thp803, Jan 23, 2006.

1. thp803

thp803 New Member

Map
    I have just purchased a 2003 vfr with trunk and side bags. I am curious as to what modifications are most benificial and what mechanical problems I should look out for? I love this bike, it is very smooth and has sufficient power being stock.

2. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

Congrats! The bike is very nice out of the box but you will love it even more with a PC and some Staintunes.

3. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
  4. thp803

thp803 New Member

Map
    Which would be the best to start with? The PC is half the price of exhaust. Being budget minded, I am looking for most bang for buck! I posted a few of the only pics I have so far. They are in the members gallery.

Thanks,
    Cameron

5. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

Depends what you are looking for. If you just want to smooth things out a bit and get a little better throttle repsone the PC is the way to go. If you are longing for a better sound get the exhaust. If budget is first and foremost go with the PC first that way you'll have it when you get he exhaust don't skimp with the pipes either get the staintunes only way to go. Changing the sprocket is a cheap mod for better acceleration but this will screw up your speedo and to fix it you'll need to by a box that adjusts your speedo they are around $90. Still all together it's a nice mod for under $150.

6. thp803

thp803 New Member

Map
    Thanks for an honest answer. By changing the front sprocket, how is my highway speeds affected and how much higher will my rpms run? There is always a trade off!

7. rc74racer

rc74racer New Member

Yes there is always a trade off. I've never ridden a VTEC vfr on the highway but my 98 had plenty of room for a sprocket and I would suspect the same is true for your 03. Not sure exactly how many rpms crusing speeds will increase by dropping the front a tooth. Perhaps someone else has an answer to this.