New VFR on 2008/2009?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by yiannis, Jan 3, 2007.

1. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Has it turned April one again ? I'm starting to wonder if the '08 CBR1000RR pic is Bollocks. The front profile & Tank top looks R1'ish, the intake could be 1098,the tank sides, frame & swingarm look ZX-10Rish, the exhaust is GSXR750ish ?

I don't like the Radiator side duct area and if this pic is real would like reserve final judgment to when I see it in the flesh.

2. Vlad Impaler

Vlad Impaler New Member

United States
    Map
    I think the red one looks alright. I'm not into the black silver combo.

[​IMG]

Edit: Straight black isn't bad either...[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  3. EX250F

EX250F New Member

That's gonna take some time to grow on me. :-/

4. vfrcbr919

vfrcbr919 New Member

United States
    Map
    Thankfully I bought a left over 2006 this year!

5. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Are you kidding me? They needed a count down timer to hype up 2 off-road bikes, 2 sport ATV's, a PWC & a utility ATV? Oh, my bad, they DID add saddle bags to an unchanged existing model. Then they fuglified one of the best looking sportbikes on the planet.

Is it just me or is Honda's Powersports division trying to do to itself exactly what GM did & Ford is doing? HPS is concentrating on outdated (their cruisers) designs that sell well & not bothering with much else.

I would like to say thanks to Honda for making my 5th Gen that much more valuable. Good grief, the head cheeses at Honda PowerSports need to be fired, yesterday. Whoever approved this garbage has completely lost touch with reality.

KC-10 FE out...
    :plane:

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    And to add to the drama, seems there was a slip up in the marketing Dept at Honda where the 1000RR wasn't to be put on display yet, so if you go to their site its not there and now they are targeting other 1000RR sites of interests to get them rounded up. you should read the drama on 1000RR.net is pretty interesting. Honda is going by the way side I say, pretty disappointed I am. glad I have what I have, that 1098 is looking might fine now.

7. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I 100% agree. I guess it will be a used 5th or 6th Gen for the Wife when we buy her a newer bike this winter.

Funny, I seem to remember a thread I started awhile back where I said pretty much the same thing. I distinctly remember everyone said I was a dumbass. I expect apologies in the form of suitcases of un-marked, non-sequential small bills. Remember, I'm from NJ so I know how to arrange for bad things to happen.:biggrin:

KC-10 FE out...

8. John451

John451 Member

Australia
  9. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

Dude, this is funny.:biggrin:

I recommend everyone on this site send emails to Honda USA. I have & am awaiting a response.

KC-10 FE out...

10. goinphaster

goinphaster New Member

11. KC-10 FE

KC-10 FE New Member

I did it at the local dealer. There isn't a link anywhere I can find on the Honda website so I went to the local dealer after work today & used their official dealer email. A friend who's a MSF coach with me let me use his account. Use the snail mail address & let er rip.

http://powersports.honda.com/help/

KC-10 FE out...

12. alter ego

alter ego New Member

Map
    That is too funny.... "wait til next year...." All the hype so they could launch an aquatrax and some off road bikes..... They are treating the VFR like the Goldwing and ST now. No changes other than color and no choices other than ABS. Its sad really. Funny thing is I don't think they really care....... At least we have ours and we don't have to get another one.

13. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

These people come from the same culture or group that wouldn't even listen to Valentino Rossi, I'm sure I have even less of a chance at zero than he did. I am starting to think that the email address probably has automatic delete for any message sent to it. That would partially explain some of this..................

14. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    rebadged 07's? maybe rebadged 05's etc... speaking of badges, the 1000RRRRRR has that yamaha look... even the round tank badge, but without the tuning forks.

Hugely disappointed with the lack of oh and aah in the release.

15. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Thank you for the correction, yes 05, what was I thinking? :rolleyes: Speaking of badging. Honda didn't even go to the trouble of using the new Tank Badge I'm seeing on some of the 08s talk about a cookie cutter from years past, guess they truly are going with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" saying. Still say there's room for a get down a boogie version.

16. steveb

steveb New Member

Well, if you go to Honda's website, there are all the pics/ specs etc etc on the 2008 VFR, looks to be pretty much the same as the 07, 06 etc..... except for color, no available only in silver......

So much for all the BS about it being discontinued, replaced by a VFR1000 etc etc etc........... I didn't think Honda would be so stupid as to drop one of the best bikes in history!

Love my 06, long live the VFR!!!

17. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    Agreed. There is no way they could drop it unless they had something to replace it with. A revamped VFR with 1000cc, mega HP, or whatever would not be a replacement, but rather a new bike that would belong in the sport category as opposed to the sport touring category. I still think that even if they took the current bike and took it up to 1000cc, then they'd be getting too close to the ST and could potentially take sales away from that bike.

18. Outlawz24

Outlawz24 New Member

Canada
    Map
    Essentially the VFR has secured its place by being a niche bike...its a great middle ground between the CBR 600 and 1000 RR...its perfect for being a smaller alternitve to someone looking for an ST style bike or someone who feels that the ST1300 is too much bike for them. About the only Generations this Interceptor rider will own is a 1st gen followed by a 2nd gen and maybe a 4th...since thats the gens that still were more sport then touring.

19. Molsan

Molsan New Member

Map
    Well the ST1300 would still have a place it is more tour orintated than a vfr1000 would be, personally i like my gen 6.

20. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Lets start speculating about 2009... I think it's going to be discontinued :boom: