NVFR - Stolen Bike

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by WhiteKnight, Nov 21, 2006.

1. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Today I recieved in an email a notice of a stolen bike. It is not a VFR but a custom chopper. It apparently was going to be raffeled off. Here is the copy from the email and there is a modified link to the website that has pics of the bike and a press release of the news about it being stolen:

Stolen custom chopper. We need your help. Was to benefit kids of Dads killed in action.
    We need your help.
    I had a custom bike built to honor a friend of mine who was a Navy SEAL killed in Afghanistan.
    The bike was built by Tim Edmondson from American Iron Horse.
    This bike is a total custom, one of a kind, Texas Hardtail with a custom
    Paint scheme by "Notorious".
    The bike had ghost images of Special Forces guys in action.
    THE BIKE WAS GOING TO BE RAFFLED OFF AND ALL MONEY WAS TO GO TO THE SPECIAL
    OPERATIONS WARRIOR FOUNDATION TO HELP KIDS WHO LOST THEIR DADS IN SERVICE
    TO OUR COUNTRY AND WHO SERVED IN THE SPEC OPS COMMUNITY.
    We were taking the bike to shows to raise the money. The bike and trailer were stolen from the Days Inn
    in Florence South Carolina when my crew stopped for a few hours sleep.
    The bike was stolen Sunday night 11/05 or early Monday morning 11/6.
    The trailer is a black single axel "CARMATE" trailer 6'X 12' and has chrome wheel fenders and some diamond plate.
    It had a New Jersey Tag on it. It had "Franklin Trailer " stickers on it from the dealer where I bought it.
    The bike is silver/gray with white ghost images. It has a 125 S&S black motor with an open belt primary and a right hand
    chain drive. It has a JIMs tranny and a 330 rear wheel. The bike is total custom.
    Pictures of the bike can be found on my company Web site under "MAR-VEL NEWS". at www.mar-vel.com.
    I need the help of everybody out there. This more than a bike. This was for the kids who will never know their dads because
    thay gave their life protecting our freedoms. I know that this brotherhood can find this bike.
    There is a monetary reward, but there is a reward greater than money. Find this bike and you too will be a hero.
    If you have any news or if you need more information and ID numbers call me at 609-703-0110 .
    Thank you all!
    MadDog

The email was quite delayed in getting out, but I guess late is better than never.

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    That sucks. You know they have "chopped" that thing up by now. Those kit bikes can be torn down quick and sold quicker...

3. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I think that chances of recovery are slim, but thought I would post anyway. Ya never know. And it sucks more cuase this bike was going to be raffled off to benefit kids.

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    true. I have had a bike stolen once. Luckily we recovered it, but I remember the feeling. Mine was not even worth nearly as much as that custom either.