Ok, what ya get fo the Viffer?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by RVFR, Dec 25, 2017.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Me, a couple items, one, a 520 chain and sprocket conversion, and two, drum roll please .......Sebs rear set adapter perch. DSC02381.JPG

2. Mind_Surfer

Mind_Surfer New Member

United States
    "That's a tight present."
    Cameron Phillips

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

By sheer coincidence, I got the same thing.

[​IMG]

RVFR likes this.
  4. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    We should compare notes on the install huh? I all ready found the extra set of 54 sets Justin had. I will need to have some fine tune machining to make them hook up correctly . Honda 54 sets have a slight offset bend to em where these adapters are flat. they don't sit flat. Then there's the question after a pre fit and look, that there really isn't much, if any difference in foot peg position from the stock set up. which brings up more ?????? I like this sort of challenge making the journey fun to figure out.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

My main objective is to get a speed shifter put on, which, according to Rapid Bike, requires a "link type" shifter. Since the 929/954 have this type of shift mechanism, I went with Seb's adapters as those stock rear sets will work as-is and there are more obtainable rear sets out there if I feel the need to do any peg adjustments. Just by placing the 929 rear sets I have on top the adapters, the mounting holes do line up, so I am hoping the end result will be like Seb describes, the same location as the stock VFR rear sets are right now.

I was hoping to do a dry run/test fit this week but looks like I might have to wait until the weekend as I had a couple of "emergency" service calls I had to fit in. Then again, if the weather holds up, I'll also be fitting in a ride or two!

RVFR likes this.
  6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Ah moving to a quick shifter huh? Me, I was looking for another option that gave some adaptability with a different look is all.