Pair valve delete

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Rckslick333, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Rckslick333

Rckslick333 New Member

United States
    anyone ever done one before on a gen 3? I’m doing some research and it seems that it’s only purpose is for emissions. Can it be removed? I’m planning on making the bike naked and it’s in the way haha.

Thanks for the info!

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Other than being a carburetor fuel system, and 50cc less, the bikes are close to the same as the latter models, in respect to the PAIR valve function. My guess is that you won’t have an issue if you remove it. You can always temporarily disable it, before removing it completely to see if there is any adverse effect. I believe there are dozens of post on the PAIR delete and more than a few on how to do the in place disabling of it.

3. thewedge

thewedge New Member

United States
    I just did it on a 4th gen and made some nice "guides" for doing it. Let me see if I have them available. Probably not too different from the 3rd gen.

1. Get a long ratchet extension and swivel adapter - You CAN remove the rear exhaust tubes and apply the pre-made covers without removing the rear swingarm and shock.
    2. Buy the pre-made cover kit off Ebay...like $22... here's the LINK - (Honda VFR 750 VFR750 Interceptor Exhaust Emissions Plate AIS Smog Block Off Kit)

upload_2018-4-23_12-37-52.png

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Svein Tore likes this.
  4. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

New Zealand
    Map
    The PAIR function is to allow clean air from the airbox to be sucked into the exhaust header to help burn off any remaining hydrocarbons, to lower tailpipe emissions. To delete this, you will need to blank off the ports at both ends, so no vacuum leak at the airbox, and no exhaust leak at the header. I did not quite get a good seal at the cylinder head on my 5G, and it sounded nasty. Then throw the rest of the connecting pipework in the bin. You should be able to just unplug the electrical solenoid from the harness.

5. MechTech

MechTech New Member

United States
    I just removed the PAIR system from my '92 VFR750F. It was a bit painful to remove the plumbing from the rear cylinders. I remove the shock and made the job easier. I used alluminum duct tape to block the ports inside the airbox. The bike runs just fine and weighs about seven pounds less and looks cleaner. Glad I did it.

6. Bertye

Bertye New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    I have just made and fitted a PAIR's delete kit on my 2003 Vtec and also removed the EVAP system. Lifting the tank and pulling back the rubber sheet, it was not that bad to get the back one. I have the kit listed on eBay if any one is intrested but the Countys I ship to are a bit limited. I also list fot the VFR1200 as well. The 800 kit link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VF...974207?hash=item1cb94de53f:g:OzMAAOSwWBpbmkZZ