pillion cover lock box? where can i find one?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by loosenoose, Aug 5, 2017.

1. loosenoose

loosenoose New Member

United States
    i'm getting back into the vfr community after being out of it for several years. i have seen a rear seat cover thing that incorporates a locking storage box on the top.
    the thing looks like the normal rear seat cover, but has a locking storage compartment on the top. i'm curious to learn more about this thing. do you have to modify the seat at all, can it be removed without too much fuss, but in a secure way? where can i find one for sale? the vfr i'm getting later today is in bad need of a paint job, and i might like to get one of these things and paint it with the bike.

i searched google for the product i have seen, but the best i could find was a guy in another vfr forum that chopped the back half of his seat off on his 4th gen, and turned the pillion cover into a lockable storage.

my interest in this is because my job does not allow cell phones into the building (i work in a jail). this isnt a big deal with a car, but on a bike you sometimes have to get creative.

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    You mean a smugglers trunk? try corbin but im sure there are other makes too

3. loosenoose

loosenoose New Member

United States
    oh yeah! that's what it's called. thanks

4. loosenoose

loosenoose New Member

United States
    doesnt look like they are being sold anymore. i found a rather bulbous version of what i saw, but nothing like the thing i saw. maybe it was a custom thing some guy did on his own.
    thank you anyway