Pridemore Testimonial

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by jethro911, Feb 27, 2006.

1. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I would like to be able to say that I have attended dozens of track days and schools but that is not the case. I have dreamt about taking a school for nearly twenty years until last year when my wife bought me a ticket to Star for christmas. I think she was just tired of hearing the complaining and hoped that this would put an end to it. Boy was she sorry! I extended the one day class and took the two day one for good measure. Jason and his team of instructors were an absolute blast to ride with and the classroom sessions were excellent. I just bough a set of one piece leathers fo rthe next opportunity to drop a knee. I regret not going years ago but I'm truely grateful to my wife and to the Star School team for the experience that I had there. I'm saving my pennies to attend the Road America school this year. Might have to sell the cat and perhaps a few other items to make the event but it will be worth it.

If you are thinking about it and have not attended a school yet, get out there and do it. Don't wait twenty years like I did.

2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yes. Primore is great, I've takin a couple class with Reg and what was neat then was they used VFRs as thier bikes to follow around on, so ta;k about finding out what I and the bike can do. Yes don't wait, best thing money can buy.

3. Jazz

Jazz New Member

I'm signed up to take Jason's 2 day class at Streets of Willow in March. I have been excited about it since he came to one of our club meetings (very down to earth, approachable guy), and after reading Jethro911's review, I am even more stoked! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!!

4. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    You are goiong to have the time of your life! Jason surrounds himself with people just like him so they are all great easy going and fast professionals. I have been thinking about going again just to see the guys and have a hoot tearing up the track with them. I'm trying to get a buddy to attend this spring and get his feet wet but it is amazing how many people want to do it but just can't get over the hump and git er done. I'll keep working on him!

If you can, do the second day as well. the first day just gets you familiar with track riding, the techniques and the team. The second day there are fewer students and so the student to instructor ratio goes way up along with the fun factor.

I've moved on to to track days with NESBA which has been a ton of fun as well but without the structured teaching element. You still get guidance from the control riders but no real classroom time. You are on the verge of amateur racing at this point which for most of us, is all we need to scratch the itch. I switched to a Ducati this year so I could push my limits further and learn more about chassis setup etc. It should be an interesting year!

Have fun!

5. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yep, you're going to have a great time, Jason is so way cool, which reminds me I should do a refresher course...I'd say have a great time, but all ready know you will.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I'd love to do that. Maybe I should check into it. Do you have to have your own leathers or can you rent some at the class? The only mods to the bike are taping up the glass and take off the mirrors, right?

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Other than you need to unplug the rear brake light and make sure your tires are 90%, yea thats it Not sure about them having leathers, as yea you have to have em either full suit or a full two piece that zips all the way around. and of course boots and the proper gloves. No base ball batting gloves allowed. was pretty straight forward, a real hoot.

8. GenLightening

GenLightening New Member

You might want to lower your gearing a bit, Streets is lots of 1st gear corners and a top speed of maybe 100. And dress warm, it can be pretty cold in the morning and windy in the afternoon. Oh, and have lots of fun!!

9. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Regarding leathers,

They let me start my day in Fieldsheer riding gear which was not leather but it had full armor. By noon on day one I was wearing holes in my knees while riding my old 91VFR! They had a set of one piece JoeRocket leathers that I rented atthat point which then allowed me to put down my knee hard on the slider and it also allowed me to move better on the bike. I then moved up to the advanced group and the fun factor rose exponentially. Just thinking about it gets me excited all over again, what a blast it was. I rode the crap out of my ole VFR and suprised alot of people riding true sport machines. The instructors monitor you really close and will challenge you if you want to play and then take you off track for one on one feedback sessions. These sessions were often followed up with another quick session on the track with them to apply the concepts discussed. Thinking back, it really was more than I expected to get. We had a celebrity guest join us (Michael Jordon) along with his AMA bikes and entourage that added an interesting twist to the proceedings. Michael likes to ride and joined us on the track riding a GSXR1000. He was easy to spot ecause his legs stuck out soo far, it was like the bike was three sizes too small for his massive stature. Oh man I gotta go again!

I recomend that you either reserve a set in advance as they only have a few available or buy a used set off e-bay, which is what I did after this event. It is one of the best investments that you can make because YOU WILL BE BACK!:biggrin: