Question about selling my old dog...86VFR750

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by Count, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Count

Count New Member

I own an 86 VFR750, after 6 years of beautiful sights and amazing rides, some idiot ran me off the road into a telephone pole and left the scene...I rode it for another 8 months in a depressing wrecked condition. At the time I was a motorcycle mechanic and I decided to put it up until I had time to fully restore it....Life goes on and it's been sitting for about 6 or 7 years now. 3 years ago i got a little motivated and messed around with it for a little while, but I don't have a garage to work on it in and working on the front porch got old, way fast. Reluctantly, I want to get rid of the old dog...I had thought of making a "rat-bike" out of it, but when i pulled the cover off of it yesterday I decided to just sell it.

My question is, should I try to sell it as-is or should I try to part it out? I can't really find a booming market for either one though...What suggestion does anyone have?

thank you!

Count

2. fuldog

fuldog New Member

United States
    Map
    The best answer to your question can be had by posting on the Yahoo Groups vfr list. They are all enthusiasts for '86 and '87 vfr's. it is a rather mature and technical group but I'm sure you will find the answer(s) you want. If it's too much trouble to register and post, I can ask the questions for you. let me know how it's going.

3. Count

Count New Member

thank you for the suggestion, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes :)

4. Hot Flash

Hot Flash New Member

:frown: I hate seeing one of these old beauties being parted out. It just means one less one the road:frown:

But on the flip side let me know if you are parting her out because I'm looking for a stock seat and a solo seat cover:wink: