Quick ride with some friends from the neighborhood

Discussion in 'USA - Pacific Northwest' started by RVFR, Jul 24, 2006.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Okay to Start things off Dom and Phil met me up, well we actully met on #7 going down, traffic was the sorta wierd back up going thru Alder to Elbe so in one of my passings I look in the mirror only to see two gxrs following suit, when they closed in, Ah Ha it was Dom and company. Plan was to meet up in Randle. oh well we met up the good ole way on thy road. Once in Randle we talked up the planned ride, seems Phil has been where I wanted to go, so he's our point man, as it was I would be stopping here and there for photos anyway, so we gased up and headed for the hills.
    [​IMG]

My idea was to take photos along the way to show other folks just some of the cool things FR25 has to offer plus take in one of the states best roads, even thou the first 15 miles is some what ruff. it's worth the trouble as you will soon see.
    [​IMG]
    First set of 180 degree turns, theres a few.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next are some nice fast what I call mini sweepers
    [​IMG]

I did finally catch up with said company at the 99 interestion, Now from south on this is where things get great. So I went ahead a couple miles to wait for Dom and phil to fly by..Nice, those Gsxrs 1000 in stock form are so quiet, makes it hard to tell if and when they're coming up, Sneaky buggers they are.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ha they where a screaming, Nice to see, Wow! Now I knew they'd wait up at the next spot we talked about, So I took in some nice shots on the way down. This one has Mt Hood just as you come around a nice medium tight right hander then Bam! really nice scenery almost hard to run hard as it's so nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awe, there they are, taking in the great scenery. Look quick, as you'll only see me once, that should be enough right?
    [​IMG]
    and now more action
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now more of the boys taking in and feeling the road, dosen't get much better than this you'd think Oh, but it does.. just you wait.
    Now in this part of the road I just had to ride, no stopping for photos, Till I come up on this down hill 15mph reducing radus 180 degrer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then for the most part after a few more of those in the next couple miles you'll find yourself popping out crossing the Pine creek River?
    [​IMG]

Okay I've been saying it gets better, well it does, but first I needed to ride the road to get to feel and take it all in.., You see the trip was to Carson, but since theres no good quick eatery around we found ourself in Stevenson.
    [​IMG]
    We found a great little buger joint, odered up some grub while waiting/resting.
    and took a few moments to take in the action on the Columbia River. Crazy dudes out there.
    [​IMG]

After a good eat we're ready for some more fun.

Yea, Yea, Yea you're saying where's the good stuff? well ya have to go straight out of Carson for a little bit. like 4 miles straight
    [​IMG]

Then things get really Fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

See tolds ya.. Wind River road rivals anything N.Ca has to offer, really great pavement, super smooth, makes 25 seem like an off road adventure, tight-left-rights are evey where, what makes it really fun is going down it acts one way as it's a slight down hill grade, then heading the other direction going up it's an all new road.

Then if this wasn't enough Curly Creek Rd is a blast, nice view, great road. I swear your tires grip like Velcro on this one, nice fast and smooth sweepers, and Oh the scereny is something else.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Okay this is funny as I was framing up this shot, I saw a bike coming up the other direction how cool, snap.
    [​IMG]
    then all of a sudden Dom whosh! See that black dot down in the corner? thats how far Dom got in the time it took to take the next photo, can we say flying low?
    [​IMG]

Now I'm coming up to the intersection that ties these roads to 25,
    [​IMG]

Not that you can see, cuz I "F"up the fstop so the photo is washed out, but Mt.St Helens is in her glory there, it was so white. Then I missed the right setting , didn't notice the error till I saw it here. Then those 200' fir trees, feels as though you're in a canyon. What a day, 400 miles of pure joy. I know where I'll be heading a few more times.
    Note; haven't a clue to why those small photos are showing up all the photo's were takin the same way, IMO sorta blows it. still hope you all get the idea.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2006
  2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    Man you are lucky to have roads like that with great scenery. Excellent pics man. Maybe one day I will be able to make it out thre and ride some of those beautiful roads.

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    That would be fun huh? Yes a great place to ride. need to do it again very soon.

4. VFRMike

VFRMike New Member

United States
    Map
    Nice pictures!! Thanks, I enjoyed them!

VFRMike.

5. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I'm inspired! How far is that from Chicago??????:confused:

It must have taken some discipline to stop and shoot the photos whith road like that. I bow to your superior control.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Absolutely beeeUteeful. I have to ride there.

7. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Was Very hard, I did many turn arounds thinking if I don't stop now I wont and wish later I had. thanks guys, for the props..

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Get your butt up here and we''l do just that, ride that road...Hard..

9. falcon186

falcon186 New Member

Map
    WOW....awesome pictures....

10. badger

badger New Member

great pics looks like a lot of fun

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    trust me. i have already been calculatin just when I could do it... i can schedule myself with up to 8 days off in a row without taking any time off... I could ride the PCH most of the way... does it come all the way to your location? I need to grab some bags (I'm just gonna get those soft sport ones I think as I dont tour much so I dont really want hard bags)... Should get my new tires on this week or next at the latest... Dunno how the wife would feel about it, but I think she'd be okay. She knew me when she married me. ;) It looks like 947 miles if you are in Olympia... That's a helluva trip up to ride more then turn around... I better break myself in with some shorter (say 500 mile) trips first. :)

12. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Good to hear you're thinking, count in my place as a place to stay too if that helps. yea thats a trip all right. PCH works till you get up towards Oregon. depending on your ability to handle RVs once over the Ca. Ore line, I'd held on over to Grants Pass then super slap it up, But it's our Butt no real wrong way to get here just a way. PM me as you get closer that way I'll know for sure whats your up too.

13. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
  14. Spud

Spud New Member

Map
    Where are those Picture taken... Is that MT Shasta Or Rainer?? Im guessing it is Oregon.. That is some awesome views.

15. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    RW give me a jingle some time, we'll have to meet up and chat roads. Yea pretty cool huh? well when the weather is like this..

Spud, That is Mt St. Helens in Washington State from the back side which most don't see. Pretty nice up there, now to find time to get back down there. A cou[le friends and I did 504 on the tourist side of Mt St. Helens today, what a Hoot. I'll be posting up a couple photos later on, so be a watchin..

16. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Okay as promiced here's some photos of Mt. St. Helens etc....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Have to have one with a VFR in it right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ZonaMan

ZonaMan New Member

Stop already, you're making me jealous. I would love that ride. Cool Pics.

18. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Awe. forgot this one, it's the road we rode.
    [​IMG]

19. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I couldn't agree more...

P.S. That last picture will be in my dreams for the next couple of weeks