Racing talk !!!WITH SPOILERS!!!

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by OOTV, Jun 24, 2017.

1. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Since there are more than a few of us who get to catch the racing and/qualifying when it happens and trying to be considerate of those who don't always get to catch it when it happens or close afterward, I'm creating this thread so those of us lucky enough to catch it early can talk about it without worrying about spoiling for those who don't.

Please be advised that this thread WILL contain spoiler information and by opening this thread you will be exposed to it, so open this thread at your own risk.

Cheers!

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

So if you're reading this, it means that you are willing to talk and read racing info in real time or shortly after a racing event, so let's get talking.

I have to say that the recent performances of the likes of Zarco, Folger and Petrucci have been awesome. They have been doing some great racing and today's pole position by Zarco was awesome. Although I think the wet weather did hinder a few performances it was still great to see him steal the thunder from Marquez!

Although not a big JL fan, I was really hoping to see him doing much better by now, he has had a few good runs but he doesn't seem to be his old consistent self. The surprise of the season for me, was Dovi. I didn't expect to see him take two races in a row but kudos for doing it, great to see him win some races, in the dry no less.

3. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    Yes, we needed this thread. Great Motogp race. BS that the blue flags weren't out.

OOTV likes this.
  4. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Tardozzi was looking well pissed off with JL especially as they were saying he gets 1 million Euros a month,he is not earning it at the moment,would love to see him win even 1 race as he would think Valentino did not manage to win with Ducati,Dovi is looking really good this year

NorcalBoy likes this.
  5. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Dovi and Petrux! Damn, even Bautista seems to be doing better than Lorenzo at the moment. Not sure what Petrux found but he's definitely made some in roads.

6. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

The tires have leveled the field. would be surprised to see it the same next year. with none of the major players moving next year, it will be easy to tell.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  7. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Funny, I got up at 5AM this mornig to catch the MotoGP race in real time and when I went to the web page and saw them standing on the podium, I realized that I was off by an hour. So I decided to check out the Moto3 race and watched all of that, then the Moto2 race and just before I rode to meet my friends for a ride, I caught the MotoGP race! All that and I got a good ride in today. Boy am I beat though. Running out of steam right now so may have to take a nap soon.

Moto3 still surprises me, seems so difficult to stay in the lead and so many riders battling for first place! Today is was something like 12 riders and some of these came from mid to rear of the grid! Great job by all riders but really sucks for Martin, dude has 5 pole positions this year and not one win! For that matter, I don't think one podium! Fenati, has been brutal to these guys and continues to be a front runner.

The battle between the Moto2 riders was something too. Great last minute move by Morbideli and Pasini but looks like he got his 3rd place taken away due to going off track at the end of the race. I thought poor Nakagami, held the lead for so long and then gets robbed of a podium!

Well, might be nap time for now, I'm nodding out...

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

They announced that Morbideli will be on the Estrella Galicia/Marc VDS MotoGP team in 2018. Does that mean Miller or Rabat is getting the axe? Although Miller has had some moments, Rabat hasn't really done much since he's been in the MotoGP class.

What about the KTM boys?, haven't seen or heard much coming from them either. Well, Pol had a standout moment if I recall but Bradley hasn't had much luck lately.

9. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    I'm speechless, wow what an incredible race .
    I need an IPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    not long to wait for 'our' next 'fix',a great circuit and always a sellout and to think they have thought about dropping it!

11. Resina

Resina New Member

Portugal
    Map
    Nice Thread!
    It happened that same to me, don't know what happened to the schedule.
    What a Race, Petrux was convinced he would won if it wasn't for the time loss overtaking slower guys, however Valentino is not easy to overtake, specially on the very last lap.
    Definitely blue flags should have been showed, last lap would have been even more exciting =)

Although I root for Vale, I believe JL is not "dead yet", he is still getting to know Ducatti.
    Andrea did a remarkable race, being able to gain almost 3 secs to catch leading group.

This year MOTOGP is on fire, it's still anyone championship, can't wait for the next race =) =)

12. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    there was a time when I would watch every formula 1 race,do not bother anymore there is no comparison to 'bang for your buck' entertainment,the wife and I have been to Silverstone three times on the Wednesday as the gates open and camped until Sunday and to Misano and Catalunia,on our bucket list is Mugello and Texas but that is looking a bit iffy,will be gutted if it gets dropped but it does not look too hopeful at the moment,Laguna looks very good as well,how come they are not there instead of going to Indy????

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Luti must have been devastated. Going from 1st to 9th in 2 turns! Excellent racing. Rossi was in old form. When he passed Zarco and then slammed the door..... Zarco tried an old Rossi move to immediately attack but Rossi did not let him. Rossi's leathers had Zarco marks on them.

Resina likes this.
  14. scottbott

scottbott Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    looks like it will be pouring down for friday at this weekends race,JL will not be happy or D Tardozzi if it goes like last weeks race,hopefully it will be a great race again

15. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Well MotoGP could have had a different outcome but did anyone doubt that MM would not have taken the top step on the podium? I had visions of Folger making it difficult to the last lap but figured MM's experience would win out in the end. Have to say that as much as I think MV is a good rider, I like MM's personality just a little more and would have to say, it would be very cool if he got the title again this year, even though Dani or Dovi taking it would be great too.

WOW! Moto2 and Moto3 didn't disappoint again! Have to say Morbidelli sure did get some added luck with Luthi and Marquez crashing out but how about Oliveira?! Damn, he closed the gap and even gave Morbidelli a run for his money. Nice battle at the end there, kudos to Morbidelli and have to wonder if he's going to be doing as well as the two Yamaha riders are this year in the MotoGP class next year.

Have to say Romano Fenati is ruthless, I love watching him attack, passing just about anywhere he can, inside line outside line, you name it, often times making contact or forcing the other rider to have to stand it up. He definitely is making it difficult for the others to run away. Does anyone think he's being a little too aggressive though?

16. 01ragtop

01ragtop Member

United States
    Map
    MM has a great attitude about things, at least when the camera is on. We have no idea who he really is though. MV isn't as bad as JL, but there is a hint of poor loser there.

I, for one, like records being set and broken. MM's dominance in Germany is quite remarkable. I always want him to win, but I'd be okay with DP pulling off the Championship. Second half of the season should be really interesting if this trend from the first half continues.

17. OOTV

OOTV Insider

If it's not MM getting another title, I'd really like it to be Dani above all the others, then maybe Dovi, then Vale. MV can wait another year... ;)

01ragtop likes this.
  18. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

the poor racing thread, killed by the noobs.

19. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I have not watched the races yet, was on vacation in the keys but I did hear the results. This is the tightest championship I can remember in a long time heading into summer. I think MM will pull it off but Dovi still may do it. Never count out Rossi, he knows this is probably his last shot. Can you imagine if it goes down like 2 years ago between him and MM? Hopefully Rossi would not get fed up and kick him off the track. lol

20. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

United Kingdom
    It's a good race Drew, you'll enjoy it ...

We also had BSB last weekend, finally the new Fireblade is starting to work, still shit handling but Jason O'Hallorn put his into 3rd behind the inevitable Ducati/Kawasaki battle, poor Ellison is having so much bad luck it's untrue, after the motor in his Yamaha died again he dropped it on a fairly innocuous sweeping bend, he's got more DNFs than finishes so far this year

Haslam was doing well finishing in the top ten considering he cracked 2 vertebrae in his neck the week the weekend before