RC's Farewell in Orlando

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by jb5371, Mar 17, 2007.

1. jb5371

jb5371 New Member

Just returned from Ricky Carmicheal's last race as a professional motocrosser at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, Florida, and was treated to the best race I have ever seen. Carmicheal and Stewart were neck and neck right up until the end when Bubba edged him out by the smallest of margins. The GOAT is a class act, and it has been my pleasure to see him mature from a chubby, reckless,albeit fast kid to a dominant,fit,well-spoken role model. Unfortunately, with his departure, motocross is now a one man show as the only chance others have of winning is based on misfortunate errors of one James "Bubba" Stewart. Ricky will be sorely missed!!!:first:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007
  2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    yeah, it's going to be interesting to see who the next up-and-comer will be to challenge JS.

3. jb5371

jb5371 New Member

I don't see anyone in the Lites or 450's whom could ever even be close. Villopoto has a lot of potential, but not to the extent of Bubba or Carmicheal.

4. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Steward will dominate for a long time. It was too bad that Charmichael was injured or things would have been a lot more interesting. Hope he has a happy retirement. It's going to be a one man show for a while...

5. stewartj239

stewartj239 Member

United States
    Map
    I held off on reading this thread until the I watched the race on SPEED - which just finished. Currently, Stewart has the edge in SX, but Carmichael is still dominate in MX. I don't think that Stewart has ever beaten Carmichael straight-up in the outdoors. I think that Carmichael could still win the outdoor title for at least the next 2 years. However, he wanted to go out on top, which is what he has accomplished.

I live in Central New York and go to both the Unadilla and Binghamton Nationals every summer. I was fortunate enough to flag the Pro event way back in 1997 when RC was in the 125 class with Windham and it is just incredible to see the talent that these guys have.