Review.....ZOOKE ANTI-FOG blows....

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by derstuka, Dec 12, 2007.

1. junktionfet

junktionfet New Member

Ironically helmets that seal up good seem to be the worst, in my experience anyway. My fairly new Shoei RF1000 seals up great, but is pretty bad about fogging, even with the breath guard. If it's cold enough for the visor to fog, I usually ride the the visor opened one click. It's not the best solution because it beams cold air right onto my eyeballs, but at least it keeps the visor clear.

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    This is exactly my problem...I have a RF1000 and have to ride with the visor cracked as well as the front vent open.

3. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

United States
    Map

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Ice cold beer or fine single malt scotch. Pour yourself one, sit on the couch, remote in hand and the shiled will not fog up. Have tried just about everything under the sun....er in the rain I guess. The pinlock systems works very well for me. I was convinced it would not work but am quite impressed with it actually. Prior to that, I used the dishwashing liquid. But had to get used to a visor that appear to be slightly dirty. You get used to that.

Haven't tried Cat Crap but have heard good things about that. But did some reading on it. It is a petroleum based product. Well so is soap.

Keeping the air moving across the visor is very helpful but if you allow air in, there is usually a route for water to get in as well. Counter productive.

In a perfect world, you would put your helmet on with your head perfectly dry. Then you would direct your breath directly to the outside. My old SHarke helmet was fairly good at that but not very good at much else. It had a great winter breath shiled.

My Shoie RX1200 sucks at keepin the water out. That is not what it is designed for. So the Pin Lock SHield is what I elected to use for that beanny box.

5. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map

That makes no sense, sounds like he smeared RainX on his shield and then proceeded to clean it back off again :confused: Buddy of mine used RainX on his shield and it fogged the plastic permanently, try a small spot first if so inclined to use this meathod or have a new shield ready. There was some guy hocking a product at the bike show a couple years back that looked like lip balm. Said it lasted about a week, didn't buy any but my buddy had his glasses shined up and it worked well for that, maybe cheap ol chapstick is the answer followed by a good buffing

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I have been using Rainex on the outside of my shields for since i started riding in 2006. Never had any problem with this product damaging the shield. But I suppose different manufacturers may use different plastic compound which may make this an issue. And I use the Rainex for the Rain, not the anti fog. If you ride a lot in the rain, Rainex on the outside is a must here.

7. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

As someone else suggested, try the screens which can be applied to the inside of your visor. I've been using them for years and the best part is that they only need to be applied once.

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I have the Shoi RF-1100 and have not had too much trouble with fogging, but when I do I have used spit in the past with good results. However, my pin lock visor on my other helmet has never fogged up once!