riding jacket brand?

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by astrnaughtwanabe, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Hahahaha good one Pliskin :thumb:

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Lets hope that Norcalboy doesn't get too exited about this.

3. JasonWW

JasonWW New Member

United States
    Map
  4. dneid

dneid New Member

Map
    I have to give a SOLID 2 thumbs up on the 'stitch. I have a Roadcrafter one piece that I have owned and worn for over 20 years. It has over 120,000 miles on it. One of the very best suits out there for everyday street riding. As for a jacket, I have a Hien Gericke (spelling?) leather jacket. It is about as old as the 'stitch as well. Great jacket, damned comfortable. I just got done saddle soaping the jacket and she is sooooo comfortable. The biggest point I want to make is quality products last forever when you take reasonable care of them. Neither the jacket or the 'stitch were cheap, but they have lasted and lasted and lasted.

5. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
  6. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    love my Aerostich, its my second one that I bought. First was a two piece, nice thing about dealing with an A1 company is that when the velcro wore out on the jacket, I sent it back and they repaired it flawlessly for a reasonable price. I like Syed and Vanson leathers too... 20130317_143227.jpg

7. Porkchop

Porkchop New Member

I have an A* jacket that is a piece of shit. Not sure where it was made. Zipper started splaying at the bottom unless you zipped it up PERFECTLY. Just recently the bottom tab started to come separated from the zipper, so it no longer zips at all. Worn maybe less than 15 times. Trying to get A* to replace it.

As a matter of fact, I have a pair of A* racing boots that started to rip at the seam near the zipper too. I may stay away from that company for a good while....

Same here. After the A* debacle I was left without a jacket, so I ran to pick up a fall/winter/spring jacket in a hurry. Ended up with an $159 Tourmaster Saber Series 3 jacket. Wind and water proof. Has a removable liner that is just amazing. Rode the other night at 11pm in 35* and didn't feel a thing on my upper body. My knees were a different story... :lol:

I'm a big fan of the day glow too. At the time of purchase, my new Tourmaster came in a black/day glow. But they were out of stock on my size and I needed the jacket that day...