Riding to USGP in July

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by Bikermike, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Bikermike

Bikermike New Member

Anybody going to the GP in Laguna Seca?
    Anyone have hotel room or camping space to share?
    Any suggestions on lodging/camping.
    I know its late notice and most things are booked well in advance.
    Just moved to LA. Its my first time going.
    I will be leaving from LA.

Bikermike

2. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I was wanting to go but the only tickets I saw were some VIP box ones for $500. They sounded like good tickets, though, pit pass, vip parking, all you can eat, etc... turn 5 I think they were.

3. Bikermike

Bikermike New Member

I was planning to get the 2 day gen. admission tix for $80 on Sat/Sun. Camping is $45/ night.
    I'll have The week before to ride up and explore the Sierra Nevadas and famed route 36. What are your plans?

BikerMike

4. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Hmm, I'd really like to get up there. Let me check my schedule and get back to you bikermike. Were you just gonna buy the tickets when you get there or what? I have been looking on ebay and craigslist. The problem is there are so many different types of ticket packages and I'm totally unfamiliar with this type of event so I didnt know what to buy.

Ok, I typed the first part earlier then came back to edit this one, mike.
    I'm off Thurs-Fri-Sat. I'll be sleeping the first part of Thurs, but could head out anytime after I wake up. My son is not interested so I'll prob do it solo. Isn't the camping already booked up by now? What do we need to do to make this happen? Where are you getting tix? Do you have a checklist of what you're taking? I've never tried loading up the bike and going camping, but I'dlike to give it a shot. Give me an email @ preregrin@yahoo.com and we can chat about it.

mike, here's something I found on craigslist: http://www.craigslist.org/sby/tix/173895591.html Im gonna be in SF this Friday so I could meet this guy and get those tix

Or this guy has 2 tix but for sunday only http://www.craigslist.org/sby/tix/174030935.html

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006