Roasted Avon

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by jethro911, May 14, 2006.

1. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Put an end to the missery of my Avon rear tire this afternoon! It was not safe anymore (something about riding on rubber made by Avon just felt wrong although they seemed to work fine) and the new Michelin Pilot Race tire was waiting in the garage. My wife video taped me lighting it up in the driveway (initially in second gear then shifted to third). In about twenty seconds the smoke was sooo thick that It obscured the entire house! It seems a little childish but even at 40 there is something cool about a burnout. The kids thought dad was pretty cool. In a few years, the only thing they will want from me is the car keys and a credit card.

So I spoon on the new tires and take er for a quick toot to feel them out. These things are soo sticky that I cannot break the rear loose! It's track time!!:biggrin:

2. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
    oh man! would love to see the video of THAT! :)

3. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I'm having some issues downloading the camera to my PC. The camera is missing the CD software to enable it to transfer the data. I have contacted Panasonic and they have advised me to download an upgrade from Microsoft that should facilitate the transfer. If I can get it into the PC I will attempt to post the video for all to poke fun at me. It is pretty funny especially when I shift from second to third gear and the smoke really starts to billow out! I also have some stills that I will attempt to post but I have never had much luck posting pics off my work laptop, I think due to security issues.

Should be good times for all!:biggrin:

4. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Hey, they uploaded just fine!

Have a look in the fifth gen photo gallery and you will see a series of three sequential shots. The fourth and fifth were complete white outs so I left them out.

5. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    Dude, I saw the pics! Your neighbors must love you. They'd haul my ass off to jail if I tried that here in Cali. EPA would be called in, I get fines out the wazzu and they'd probably take my bike for evidence! :)

6. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I was a little aprehensive myself but my wife talked me into it. Then I did it again twenty minutes later so the kids could see. There was a little meat left when I finally stopped but I figured that I had pressed my luck enough.

7. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    did u wet the pavement at all to start?

8. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Nope, I just lit er up in second gear and then shifted to third after it got greasy.

I tried for an hour last night to download my video camera onto my PC, with no sucess. It seems that the model I have is one below the unit capable of doing this simple function. Can you say "not as advertised"! It has USB transfer capabilities but it seems that this only works for still photos on the SD card and not for video on the mini DV tape. I should have spend the extra $$$ I guess. The salesman don't know sh_ _ about the products they are flogging and I was in a rush at the time.

Lesson learned.... Never be in a rush! and never believe the moron behind the counter.