San Diegan Interceptor here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StreetLethal, Feb 19, 2018.

1. StreetLethal

StreetLethal New Member

United States
    Hello all, new owner of a beautiful 1986 VF500 Interceptor. This forum was one of the first places I stumbled across on the web after getting into the world of 1980's Honda bikes.

My bike was bought in Norwalk, LA and I promptly strapped it into a friends truck bed and hauled it all the way back down to South Bay, San Diego. I love it already. It runs alright, but idles fairly high on occasion, has an oil leak, and definitely needs some TLC. I will be going through the motions to get her safely back on the road and ready to meet the task of being my new daily rider.

I hope to meet you all and see what the world of VFR's and 1980's Honda brings.

Attached Files:

duccmann, Samuel and Mind_Surfer like this.
  2. Mind_Surfer

Mind_Surfer New Member

United States
    Sounds like good times. Original owner of the same model here, offering a warm welcome from the other coast, and best wishes for the repairs and maintenance.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  3. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Welcome to The World! I have to say I’m a bit envious, always wanted a 500 Interceptor but never ended up getting one, instead I bought an 09 and later an 01. Well, I’ll just have to wait and see how your refresh comes along and admire yours!

4. Vulcanator

Vulcanator New Member

United States
    Looks like a nice original example that will look even better with a bit of TLC. Welcome aboard.