Sargent seat group buy

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by borg, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Banderso

Banderso New Member

United States
    Map
    My seat showed up today....Finally..... ha ha
    Put it on and headed for Indy Moto GP in the morning.
    I suppose a 1100 mile trip will give me a good perspective....

2. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Ok guys gotta say that Bikers Den made good on the mishap and the seat is now showing in Customs :biggrin: :thumbsup:

It's the Government of Canada's issue now :frown:

Fingers Crossed.

3. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    You lucky dog! Enjoy your trip man.

4. kingsley

kingsley New Member

Canada
    Map
    Got mine today. Unfortunately, I had to pay the government another $55 for it! Dad gum PST & GST. They charged me on the "insured value" which was declared at full retail $390 US.

First thing I noticed: it's firm and really locks you in there. I had a habit of scooting back on the old seat and lowering my head for better wind protection on the hwy, won't be doing that anymore. The rear section is a little wobbly.

I think it looks great and can imagine my butt could stay in there somewhat longer than the stocker.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    I was expecting another hit of $$, factored that in. Ah well, their generally pretty good when we cross in person so paying every now and then isn't that big of a deal I guess.

Looks awesome on your black bike man. Really diggin the class that it adds.

6. ambit

ambit New Member

This is probably User Error but I can't my seat to click in the back bracket (the one the key locks/unlocks). I probably don't have it situated right. :crazy:
    It is very comfy, I've been out for a few rides since it came in. Looks good.

[​IMG]

7. Meatloaf

Meatloaf New Member

United States
    Map
    Ambit, I had the exact same issue when I received mine. I got looking close at things and noticed the issue and just as you suggest, it just wasn't situated right. It might be harder for you to see since you have the grab handles installed, but if you put the seat on, you should be able to look between the rear cowl and under the seat to see the latch. When I looked at mine I noticed that it wasn't up towards the tank all of the way. Push down on the passenger part of the seat and push towards the tank with some good effort. It fits a lot tighter than the stock seat so it needs a little more force. You should feel it slide forward and down a little more. The click will probably be a lot more quiet when it goes in.

The good news is that it seems that the seat will break in after a few times of being on and off. Mine goes on a little easier now that I have had it on and off a few times. Could be just that I know what to look for and what to do now too, but at least it seems to snap in a little easier.

8. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Member

Canada
    Map
    Got my seat today :biggrin: Mail lady didn't ask for any extra money but am expecting a "u owe us" letter in the mail. :suspicious:

Seat came 100%. Looks great, feels great (static). It fits on nicely, the rear cowl went on easy by sliding it from the rear little increments at a time. The seat locks in exactly the same as the original with ease without the rear seat cowl. With the rear seat cowl on I needed to push the left and right edges of cowl in to get them past the grab rails. Other than that it snapped (locked) in nicely. It's a quality seat all the way from the fabric to the custom made base and to all the hardware that's used. It's a PITA product to get here in Canada so a big thanks to Borg for making it worth our while. :thumbsup:

9. V4 Dude

V4 Dude New Member

Hi Jason, if another group buy happens in the future please count me in. Also, would you please PM me pricing details for reference. Thank you.

10. borg

borg New Member

After an extended wait, I finally received my seat as well. Build quality and fit is top notch, I just wish it didnt take so long.

I hope that everyone in the group buy has received their seats and enjoying them, thank you all for participating.

V4 Dude, sorry to say that Bikers' Den has decided not to be a dealer for Sargent after great difficulty dealing with them with this group buy. BD did have two extra seats in their warehouse which may still be available, if so they can ship it asap. Good luck.

11. Banderso

Banderso New Member

United States
    Map
    Well....
    got in over 1500 miles last weekend.
    GA to Indy for the Moto GP and Lucas Mile.

1st.
    Rockin events. Awesome show...

2nd.

Seat held up fine, my buttocal region OK....
    After 6 hrs in the saddle, I was ready to get off, but it was my neck, not my seat..

I did have some "prostrate" area pressure that seemed to intrude the first day, but afterwards no issue.

All in all, great modification for our bikes and I wholeheartedly recommend getting a Sargent Seat if you plan on travelling more than one tank at a time..

see ya.

12. Koldern

Koldern New Member

Borg, can we know the price you paid for that group buy as Biker's Den is no longer a dealer for Sargent?