Sat on a 2014 VFR 800 today

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Rhinoclemmys, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Rhinoclemmys

Rhinoclemmys New Member

I stopped by my local honda dealer today and they had a white 2014 VFR. I didn't think they were out yet but guess I was wrong. Very nice bike. It looked great in white but would definitely look better in red white and blue. They also had a CBR1000RR SP. That is a good looking bike if you are a red white and blue fan.

2. EEEDDD3927

EEEDDD3927 New Member

Map
    That's cool man, how did the new vfr feel?

3. Rhinoclemmys

Rhinoclemmys New Member

Not too much different than my 2007 but then again I'm probably not the best person to notice small differences. The seat height is.about the same but can be lowered but to do so you need to remove 4 Allen.bolts and move the bracket down. The dealer was going to do it but the wrench he needed is not a part of the factory tool kit and it was close to closing time so I told him not to worry. It looked a lot more refined than the last generation and narrower. Split bench seat too. One nice feature is under the rear pillion seat there are four nylon straps that you can pull out and use to secure cargo strap to. Also if you want hard case oem luggage the attachment rails are included so you just have to buy the cases. Glad I was able to see the white as I'm not a big fan of red.

4. Voided76

Voided76 New Member

United States
    Map
    Obviously! Because you didn't just sit on a red 2014 VFR today like I did! It felt way faster than a white one too just sitting there.
    They sure do look thinner without the side rads. in some ways I love the way they look now, in other ways, Ehh. but I love the new front wheel, and the 5 lug rear wheel. love them. I'm very sad they didn't bump the compression to 12.3-5 and give it a 93 octane tune, and make 115-120 horsepower.

meh. I'm way sad about that. It's another committee killed bike, in the drivetrain and suspension dept. fucking shame.

5. Rhinoclemmys

Rhinoclemmys New Member

Yeah so is the CBR1000RR SP. It looks nice but it's no V4 superbike that everyone wants Honda to make.

6. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Interesting.. ;) didn't happen without photos, just saying. Looking forward to our dealer getting one, they too have an SP, so maybe sooner than later. Time well tell.

7. highway star

highway star New Member

United States
    Map
    I too sat on a '14 white model at our local dealer (6-14-14), they were having an open house as they remodeled the place. Got a case (12) of GN 10w-30 for $39. The new VFR felt a bit smaller than my '09, perhaps just thinner, ergos about the same, don't care for the side pipe, needs a rear seat cowl cover, otherwise it's a nice body.

8. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    OMG!! Is this the bike a bunch of dudes said we couldn't have? Thankee Jesus. When I say six vroom-vrooms, pump both levers and hold back the urge to fart on the seat, my life will be complete at least for a day or two.

9. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Well they did raise it from 11.6 up to 11.8
    But they apparently put less aggressive cams or adjusted the factory cams for less over lap. So the added compression is off set somewhat by the lessened valve overlap and possibly smaller diameter exhaust to give 2 less peak horsepower but more area under the curve. It should feel like a faster bike every where under 9 or 10 thousand RPMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. RDMCD

RDMCD New Member

Canada
    Map
    I also went down to my local dealer yesterday to see if the 2014 was in yet. I walked in the door and was greeted by the guy at the front desk who asked if he could help, so I told him what I was looking for but he had no idea. Walked around the showroom for a minute but still didn't see one. Finally a salesman attacks and says yes right this way. I had walked right by it ! They had one white one parked bar to bar in a row of st1300 and ctx's at the back of the room which is odd for a bike that had only been on the floor for a week. The salesman said that they also have a red one still in the crate. This is a large multi brand dealer.
    It is a nice looking bike but the tag on the bar said 14,169. I could buy four nice 5th gens for that. So I've got to wonder who will buy one of them. I guess that's what the dealer is thinking too.
    I also noticed that the exhaust has smaller diameters header pipes and a 2 into 1 front, 2 into 1 rear layout. This is the same exhaust as the crossrunner has. Probably the same engine tuning as well.
    With that price tag, and not having ridden it, it's hard to get too excited about it. Maybe it will be a good used bike down the road, if they're not too hard to find. Or maybe I'll just buy a few 5th gens.

11. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Awe.. yes I agree, the price will be a huge hurdle for those that are in the know, so yes wait till there's an overage and they discounted em. Then maybe. Be a good $10k bike though. Just saying they stopped short of making it super, then want what? yea right.. sheesh!!

12. The_Head

The_Head New Member

United States
    Map
    The MSRP of VFR's kept me away for many years. I got my '04 in a trade. Maybe in a couple years there will be good deals on leftover models.

13. HRCCBR

HRCCBR New Member

United States
    Map
    For what its worth......

I was at Southern Honda today in TN.

They had 2 Red (1 of each version) and a White Deluxe model. They said they have sold 2 already and they have only had them for a week and a half.
    If the VIN # still indicates the bike number then one of the red ones is #44!

Their pricing is as follows:
    Standard - 10,997

Deluxe = 11,797

Bike prices are plus tag and tax with no other fees added. Since a lot of their sales are from out of state you pay the tax when you register the bike and get a tag. They have said they can take care of everything if financed thru Honda on site.

Bags - 959 The mounts are integrated and very slick with no exposed frame like the 6th gen!

Power outlet integrated under tail - 90 Pretty slick looking being completely integrated.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  14. HRCCBR

HRCCBR New Member

United States
    Map
    Here are some pics.....
    20140703_145618.jpg 20140703_145721.jpg

15. HRCCBR

HRCCBR New Member

United States
    Map
    More pics......sorry some are not great

20140703_145649.jpg 20140703_144841.jpg 20140703_145009.jpg 20140703_145533.jpg 20140703_145555.jpg 20140703_145604.jpg

16. HRCCBR

HRCCBR New Member

United States
    Map
  17. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    I too sat on a White 2014 VFR today. Was a nice surprise to see it, even the dealer mentioned it just showed up. In that of course I gave it a quick going over. First off feeling is, it's dense, carries a bit more weight than the 4thgen, less than a 6th, feels very compact. Got the keys and started it up, Prrrr yep it's a Honda, pretty much smooth as silk, not alot of a rumble nor engine mechanical sounds. I personally like the dash and instrument layout, has a nice touch, the LED head light running light combo is great. Wheels, are to drool on. Still prefer the single nut ie; Ducati , but it's still a good looking wheel as far as wheels go. Be Nice to see the Exhaust can out of the way, But I'm pretty sure after market folks (Stanetune) are all ready on it, thing is here the passenger foot rest bracket will make it a challenge. Still disappointing with the suspension, but for now it's still to be determined if it's ok. Fit and finish is spot on Honda not a detail missed that I saw. now if only it wasn't priced like it was. Really Honda? The owner of the dealership said come back and take it for a spin, like to get my thoughts :) don't have to ask twice.

14vfr800.jpg 800vfr.jpg

18. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    This particular dealer must have something going with Honda that others don't. Dealers buy vehicles from the manufacturers. They finance them just like a guy off the street does. As to financing the last thing you really want to do is finance the bike or car or boat or even a skateboard through your friendly dealer. Anything a dealer tells you if it ain't on paper it ain't true and legally doesn't have to be.

19. boscoe

boscoe New Member

Finally got to check out a new VFR 800 on Saturday. The fit and finish is dazzling. The bike looks slim and modern. Seems to fit like my 2000 - and has a side canister too.
    Not sure it's different or improved enough to spring for $13.5k when I have a VFR that performs just as well even if it looks chunkier. But if I didn't I may be singing another tune