Sena /Android update to google assistant feedback noise

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by dABIT, Dec 17, 2017.

1. dABIT

dABIT New Member

United States
    Map
    Have not used my Sena 10 sense I updated my android phone. When I used it today to make a call I hit the switch to make a call and loud feedback noise {ouch on the ears} and after a moment Google assistant came on and said"how can I help". Could not make call. Came home and and tried to remove Google assistant could only turn it off. Could not make call with Google assistant turned off. If I can last through the 5 seconds of feed back I can ask Google to call whoever. Anybody know how to bypass/stop this noise?

2. dABIT

dABIT New Member

United States
    Map
    OK so I went through and did a factory reset on the Sena, removed my Google account from my phone and set up everything again. Much better now only has feedback noise for about 1 second and operates normally. I still can't make a call with out Google assistant 1st asking me what I want or "How can I help you" . I guess the other options Google assistant offers is worth the 1 second noise but I wish It worked like it did originally. I guess I'm old and set in my ways. If anyone Knows how to return to just hit the button and say "call *****" Would be great. If not I guess I'll just have to live with this.

3. dABIT

dABIT New Member

United States
    Map
    UGG!! Back to same thing today. Got to figure this out Killing my ears!!

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I haven't run into this issue but then, I haven't used the phone to call out. I have received a few calls without issue. Just what is this Google thing you speak of? Is it something you downloaded onto your phone? Have you reached out to Google to see if they can help?

5. dABIT

dABIT New Member

United States
    Map
    I called Sena today the person I talked to had not heard of this before. He told me he would pass the information on to the engineers so they could start working on a fix. I asked how I would Know when a fix was available and he took my E-Mail and would send a message. Someone on the other board said this is a known issue and they are working on it. Hope they come up with something soon.

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Thank you. Please let us know when you know. VFRW wants to know. I know you know you know?

7. Rsparky

Rsparky New Member

United States
    I've accepted that I'll have feedback.. It's not bad with earplugs in. The annoying thing for me is asking it to play "so and so", it says "OK I'll play so and so on Google play music" then it doesn't play! I get mad at people who use their phone while driving, don't make me one of them.

8. dABIT

dABIT New Member

United States
    Map
    Don't know what I did but it has stopped. The Sena works just as it used to, the Google assistant does not come on and no feed back. I went in to the Sena settings and tried turning the "vox"?? on/off. I also updated/restarted my phone. Never heard back from Sena but I'm good for now. Hope it does not start again. Good luck hope you can get yours back to normal.