Slip on Can

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by vfrfly, Apr 16, 2015.

1. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

What is a small and light weight slip on for the gen 8 that has a nice sound. Some aftermarket slip ons look huge and heavy. So advice wanted please. Tell me what is good from any maker....could be a Two brothers or a Akropvic or whatever. Thanks in advance.

2. SammichTheStout

SammichTheStout New Member

I like My Akra, it weighed in considerably lighter than the stock unit. By more than 8 pounds if I recall correctly. Shorter overall length too.

3. hightowermusic

hightowermusic New Member

4. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Anyone here have the two brothers? If so do you like it. I like that its carbon and not metal. I think the stock can is about triple the size honda really needed to make it. Its a tiny engine, not a monster V8 from a pickup. I wish bike makers would consider weight and smaller sizing at the design level.. ..and the looks to before building stuff like enormous mufflers.

5. MackerVFR

MackerVFR New Member

I imagine OEM exhausts are a bit more of a "function over form" design. Pass emissions, noise, etc. then worry about making it somewhat stylish. Comparing Akrapovic to Two Brothers is like comparing BMW to KIA. Akra is run by pretty much all the top teams in MotoGP or WSBK and is a true premium product - also comes at a premium price though.

Your choice depends on what you want out of an exhaust and your budget. If lightweight is your priority you'll want a carbon or titanium construction, not stainless. Personally I would also look for an exhaust with a removable baffle. It's nice having the choice to let the V4 sing, or throwing in the baffles for longer rides to keep the drone down. I have a 6th gen, not 8th but the other consideration for you is if you ever want to run OEM bags, that the exhaust is compatible for clearance. I hear some are and some aren't. One man's opinion.

6. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    My bike has the two bothers carbon-super cool and sound like a jungle drum beating:drums: IMGP0325.jpg IMGP0327.jpg IMGP0324.jpg I took a spill on the bags- The wolf only goes first class

7. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
  8. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

Akra maybe the choice of race teams etc but not my fav as far as looks. ...the huge badging on them is ugly to my eyes....and the ones i saw are just bare mwtal. I would prefer a black paint at least....but better yet a carbon.

9. MackerVFR

MackerVFR New Member

Lol - yet another demonstration of that fact

To each their own, but the badging is the best part - it shows you have quality parts on your Honda, not the cheapest fleabag special you could find online. But FYI the badge is a decal, and thus easily removed, or in some cases you just don't apply the decal enclosed in the box. Akra IS available in carbon for your application, but by the sounds of it you're best looking for another product since it doesn't sound like you would fully appreciate what you're getting for your extra dollar, and that money would probably best be spent elsewhere/ on another product.

That's the beauty of customizing your bike though - as long as you like what you end up with that's all that counts!

10. vfrfly

vfrfly New Member

If it comes for the new vfr in black carbon then sure i would buy one. The site i saw it on only had metal ones. Thanks very much for the info.

11. richfortin

richfortin New Member

Canada
    P1000049_grande.jpg

Staintune are the best for me!

12. Von 800

Von 800 New Member

dyno tune after putting on the two bros s1r:

[​IMG]

13. saceur

saceur New Member

Thailand
    Map

Pretty sure 2Bros says DON'T dyno after installing a carbon fiber unit. Which is kinda funny cuz how you gonna test it to see the diff?

14. saceur

saceur New Member

Thailand
    Map
    And here is where I get stuck. Does the two Brothers have a removable baffle?

Spent the last two days on YouTube just listening with my eyes closed to find the one I think sounds best. After going over and over and OVER these clips I narrowed it down to either the Two Brothers SR1 or the Arrow Race-tech. They are both around the same price in Carbon Fiber and I'm leaning towards the 2Bros BUT that Arrow sounds really nice even though the clip clearly does not have the same production value of the 2Bros plus you can take out the baffle.

[video=youtube;3k9nTalv9cg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k9nTalv9cg[/video]

can't put 2 videos in one post so here's the linc to the 2Bros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4XmQaFclU

Sometimes i just hate having choices.

15. whitedove

whitedove New Member

i put a 'Delkevnic' on my 2014, they make a couple sizes. mines a carbon fiber short one, sounds great for the money, by far the least expensive exhaust out there and weighs the least, i looked long and hard to find one short enough to remove the wheel without having to take the exhaust off first.