Sore Butt - Dirtbike Style !

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Miketegra, Dec 3, 2006.

1. Miketegra

Miketegra New Member

I had the wonderful pleasure of riding a CRF230 for about 4 hours yesterday. My butt is sore, and not having been on a dirt bike in 10 years, I had forgotten how much fun it was. It was at the X-mas party for Triangle Cycles and there were about 25 dirt bikes and 15 ATV zipping around the property. We were on a 1400 acre piece of land that sits right next to VIR. You can actually see the track from several places on the land.
    The place was absolutly incredible with a huge skeet shooting range, and a barn that was rennovated into a lodge. We're talking wood, stone, polished marble, stainless steel, leather couches, huge fireplaces etc. Descriptions can't even come close to doing this place justice. They even have motor home hookups for AMA racers to stay at when in town racing at VIR
    I also had the pleasure of meeting Carl Reynolds, chairman of the AMA Racing Committee, and Broc Tickle, who came in second place at the Supercross GP Lites in Toronto on saturday.
    Anyway, thought I would share what turned out to be an incredible day of dirt riding. It was so much fun I'm going to have to buy one....or two :)

Mike

2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Well-Known Member

United States
    Map
    I'm jealous. I used to race MX back in the 80's and would love to again, but bikes have become so expensive, and even a day of racing has become expensive as well. Back in 98 I got a brand new CR125 which I no longer have for resons I won't discuss here. But I went to one race and it cost me a little over $100 for the day which included vehicle and bike fuel, gate and entry fees, and food. I wish I could afford to race again but I can't so I have to live with watching the SX on TV (I don't the the new channel that the MX series is on). I did see the Toronto SX yesterday and Chad Reed looks like he brough his A game, but I think Stewart, if he isn't to hurt by a possible injury, would be the man to beat. He has always had the speed, just needs to temper it a bit. Nuff said.

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I was interested in the 230. Is it enough to haul around a 200 lb guy? I am just more of a fan of lighter bikes. They cost less and fly better but I'm not sure the suspension can handle me or the engine haul me...