The Perfect Storm

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by R.W., Dec 16, 2006.

1. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I realize that I might be a spoiled Californian :violin: and have only felt earthquakes, Never seen a tornado or hurricane or any other major weather event, but the storm that blew through Washington Thursday night actually scared the hell out of me.

Went to the Seahawk game Thursday night and got back around 10:00 pm, after hearing about the major weather event coming our way with 90 mph winds, decided to sleep down stairs because of all the trees around our house, about 2:00 am all hell broke loose, trees snapping and being uprooted everywhere, house shaking when trees would fall, big objects flying through the air, and my town of Port Orchard looks like it went through a hurricane :eek: We were very lucky that are power was only out 48 hours because we had no running water or heat...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2006
  2. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    ^ Crazy dude, sorry you went? sheesh those Hawks. did you go by ferry boat? if so that had to be fun? Welcome to Washington, crazy weather we are having huh, we on the norm have at least one day of this stuff per the winter season ,what has me wondering is we're not even at the half way mark yet, so whats to come?.

3. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Southworth is 3 miles from my house, ferried it over there and left with 3 minutes to go, and drove back in less than a hour with minimum traffic...