The Women of VFRWorld - Please Check in

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by derstuka, Oct 11, 2014.

1. VFR_Mike

VFR_Mike Member

United States
    Map
    Hi Rebeca!
    Great to meet you as well! Sounds like you had a great time on the track. Were you down at Autobahn or someplace else? Great photos by the way, looks like you had a great day weather-wise. I'm going to hate to put the bike away when it starts getting colder. Ride safe and keep in touch!

rebs likes this.
  2. rebs

rebs Member

United States
    Thanks! And thanks to Jeff Barrett also!

Yes, Mike, I was the Autobahn. I was a bit timid at first with the VFR due to a cold track and an unfamiliarity with how hard I could push the bike, but that went away in time.

I tend to ride until late October or so. When do you put your bike away?

Jeff_Barrett likes this.
  3. VFR_Mike

VFR_Mike Member

United States
    Map
    About the same, I don't have any of the fancy electronics to keep me warm so its how much cold I can endure lol. As long as I can get out for even a short ride weather permitting, I'll keep it ready to go. When the salt hits the streets, it gets put away for sure - same with my Miata.

I think you said you swapped out the OEM tires on the VFR - what are you running on it now?

4. rebs

rebs Member

United States
    I did. I put my Bridgestone BattleAxes from my S1000RR on them. I don't recall the exact model of Battleaxe but size wise they are 190/55-17s. SO much better with much better confidence at lean angles!

5. VFR_Mike

VFR_Mike Member

United States
    Map
    Good to know - thanks.
    I'm not ready for new tires quite yet, but I have a feeling I'll be replacing the OEM tires before they need to be replaced, just to get something a bit stickier. I haven't had any "Oh Shit!" moments on these tires but they're not exactly confidence inspiring. I can only imagine the lack of confidence on the track!

6. rebs

rebs Member

United States
    I went 6.5k miles on the OEM tires and finally got tired of them feeling somewhat unstable at higher lean angles. A common complaint I hear about those tires. They will last forever but the firm touring rubber all around doesn't inspire any kind of confidence in the twisties.