This winter sucks ass!!!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by freewheelburner, Dec 28, 2006.

1. freewheelburner

freewheelburner New Member

United States
    Man it is too cold to ride but too warm to ski. I have skied 4 days and haven't riden in over a month. Why God? Why? The last day I rode my bike it got all shitted up with salt and such because NY would rather spread salt all over the place and make a deadly mess of things than actually plow the snow. I haven't been able to wash it because I am not nearly as driven to finish my barn as RW was with his house. Curse the weather!

Ahh I feel a little better now. You guys who live where it's warm should count your blessings! You could live in the NE where winter is 7 months out of the year and the rest of the years is just OK.

2. dskelton

dskelton New Member

I feel your pain! About three weeks ago we got about two inches of snow, and I paniced and figured winter was finally here and stashed the VFR in the basement. Of course that little bit of snow is gone, but it hasn't warmed up enough to go through the trouble of getting it back out. But, this morning I did take the VF 500 I bought for my wife out for a ride today, so I'm not jonesing as bad as I was.

3. freewheelburner

freewheelburner New Member

United States
    Well at least the skiing isn't any better there or I would be jonesing for that.

4. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    I have been upto NE several times, including my 10 yr anniversary at a BandB just off the Kakamangus hwy near Conway, NH. Remember thinking how awesome BUT COLD the ride must be. What a gorgeous stretch of road. Does it get closed off in winter?

5. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    I don't think your going to make 100+ days this year. And believe me, I not that driven, but when you have a record rainfall in November and December, there is nothing left to do, but the good thing is, I'm getting everything done, because this Spring/Summer/Fall, I might become a stranger to the wife with all the riding I'm going to do...:cool:

6. dskelton

dskelton New Member

What time of year did you come thru? Summer gets pretty warm and humid.
    I don't know about that road in particular, but in my neck of the woods all the paved roads get some level of attention. Some of the less traveled ones do just get the drifts taken off and are left with a layer of ice.

7. SFPA

SFPA New Member

Map
    during the fall colors, mid oct.

8. dskelton

dskelton New Member

Yep, Beautiful, but cold. Rule of thumb here is never buy your kids a holloween costume you can't fit over a down parka.

9. keet

keet New Member

Map
    ...........im here in NH also...its been a terrible start for the ski season around here...all the ski areas are hurting,as well as the support buisness that need skiers and snowboarders...(restaurants, motels,etc).....and YES..the Kanc is open year round ...just ride thru when it isnt snowing,,,,

10. tbones86

tbones86 New Member

Map
    I don't ski, but I do snowmobile; in WI or least my part of it there's just enough snow & ice & unpredictable freezing rain to not justify riding the bike to work. Not enough snow & cold to bother getting the sled ready; just sit in the house let the kids annoy me until I have to find something to fix around the house. This week has been fixing all my once pristine oak cabinets that the wifes kids have managed to mangle break or destroy over the last year or two(happily most of the parts have been warrantied by the manufacture). Next will be refinishing the hardwood that has been treated as poorly by the 4 man wrecking crew. Then I have to add another basement bedroom so I can split some of them up so I can figure out which one decides its a good idea to wake all the other ones up @ 4am to go foraging for food in the kitchen( it never works out well as they start fighting & screaming @ each other & waking me up) Hell hath no fury like a fat man being woke up in the middle of nite by the scrill scream of a 6 year old girl beating her brother over the head w/ a cereal box. I don't know if its like this all over but "NOT ME" tears up a bunch of stuff @ my house; far as I know NOT ME isn't helping pay the mortgage I'm thinking I should boot NOT ME out of the house. But he/she is never around when I'm there....things that make you go hmmmm

11. Legs

Legs New Member

Map
    I feel your pain,hell it'll only get up to about 68 F tomorrow!:smow:We're freeezing!

12. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    It's been chilly here also, Legs. Hell I almost wore a long sleeve shirt under my jacket today and I even considered putting my liner in but ended up without it anyway... Oh well. Maybe when I ride tomorrow I'll get around to dressing warmer. :)

13. VaRollOn

VaRollOn New Member

United States
    Map
    Its been unusually warm here in Virginia, but I feel for you burner' wanting to ski. We are doing dudes yearly ski trip w/6 best friends in 2 weeks and Snowshoe WV has bunk A$$ conditions. Looks like bourbon & skirt chasing it is! Oh wait I'm married, belay last plan...:biggrin:

14. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map
    Weather is crazy this year, I was watching the news last night and it was snowing in Las Vegas and high 60's on game time for the Colts/Ravens game.

P.S. I'll be in New York on Febuary 17-20, maybe we can hook up...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  15. Hondapitbull

Hondapitbull New Member

Damn't there is ICE all over the place!!! Damn this Texas weather!
    5G Brotherhood

16. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    It's RWs fault he made the shift to here, and fouled up the weather pattern..

17. R.W.

R.W. New Member

United States
    Map

How soon you forget about the Indian summer we had, riding into almost November, I bring peace and balance into the PNW...:angel: