Trying to revive my 98 VFR, help?

Discussion in '5th Generation 1998-2001' started by hillm1234, Feb 22, 2017.

1. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    What is stupid, is thinking that putting a higher octane than your bike was designed for, is some how going to benefit anything...
    VFR800's were designed to run on regular, unleaded fuel. Higher octane has no relevance to quality, only knock threshold...
    VFR800's are not carbed, so no point in bringing up carbed bikes.
    If you want to back track about using fuel to properly store bikes, regular ethanol free fuel is better and can be taken a step further by adding a bottle of stabil to it (probably more like a half or quarter bottle to 6 gallons....).

This advice border lines on bad/dangerous advice as Leaded fuels leave deposits in the combustion chambers/exhaust and if you are talking a +2000 VFR800, if you still have the catalytic converter and o2 sensors, the leaded fuel will damage them.

So the point is:
    If you want to clean out injectors or carb jets, disassemble, clean/service and reassemble.
    If you want to gas for storage, add a bottle (or correct amount) of fuel stabilizer and fill up with regular ethanol free fuel.
    Race gas is doing you no favors, but emptying your wallet and boosting your placebos.

staffybull likes this.
  2. nicholas042416

nicholas042416 New Member

United States
    For whatever reason you keep making up reasons to argue with me.....I never suggested race fuel as any sort of cleaner or whatever the hell your trying to say. It's a much more stable fuel than anything you can buy or anything an additive can produce therefore great for winter storage and sitting in your carbs for a month or so at a time. Please go back to finger painting and eating glue and leave me be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  3. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    For whatever reason I keep trying to argue with you? But you're the one that wrote this ridiculous reply on Tuesday, thought about, deleted it and then came back again to argue more on Wednesday? Lol okay right. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    Oh wow lol. I am starting to see a pattern here. [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk